Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday!


Yeah it's the special time again, the time you all tune in for each and every Thursday! If you want to jump in and partake, jump on over or should I say blog hop over to Truth 4 The Journey and visit Sonya! She is not only an inspiring and amazing blogger but you will find so much truth in her daily posts.

1. I am thankful for my blogging community of friends and family. I see you all as extended family members that live all over the world and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it. You all inspire me when I am blue, encourage me when I am struggling, laugh with me when life hands us lemons, and just love like there is no tomorrow.

2. Martha at Fly Away Birdie. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. By posting yesterday about how to become an independent book reviewer, my first book is on it's way and I can't wait. It would have been a book I wanted to purchase but didn't know existed and now a copy is being mailed to my home for FREE! I love to read and love books.

3. I love that Caitlyn, my oldest daughter's birthday plans are all set and ready to go. We have a few things to pick up on Saturday for her big 16 birthday party but we were able to get everything ordered and purchased yesterday. We even all sat around for 5 hours last night making a 10 foot Birthday banner. I will post pictures next week.

4. I love my hubster. He has been home most of the week and life is grand again. We haven't been able to do much because our kids keep leaving to go to friends houses and then we can't go anywhere so we have been playing in the blogging world and playing Webkinz. We are in the planning stages for vacation now.

5. Looking forward to Saturday when my mom, Rose and her grandson she hasn't seen since he was 3, will be reunited once again. Oh the happy tears I am sure we will shed. Again, I promise to take pictures.

My thanks is always to God for allowing me the time to get to be thankful for every little thing that comes our way. Thank you Jesus for pulling us through some major difficult times. You alone are worthy of our praise!

12 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Kat,

What beautiful memories will be created between your Mom and her grandson.

I'm sure your daughter's birthday will be awesome. I pray a blessed Birthday for her.

Beautiful list dear one...

Love you.

christy rose said...

Great List Kat! Love stopping by to visit you!
Christy

Carol said...

Oh Kat,

What a thankful and beautiful heart you have. I am blessed just by reading your words.

OK, now, did you say you and your hubby play Webkinz? I thought my friend, Shannon, and I were the only crazy adults that did that. Actually I started when I moved to England because my hubby gave me a black lab for Mother's Day at my request and I named her Ginger. Since moving can be lonely, Webkinz world was fun. LOL Thankfully, I am blogging instead of gem hunting these days and I stay in the Word daily (or almost daily).

Can't wait to see your daughter's 16th birthday pictures.

Brook said...

What a great list of thankfulness, especially the reunion of grandma and grandson. May the special blessings between them begin again.

RCUBEs said...

Great TT list! It's a nice time of the week because it's always great to be thankful to our Lord! Every day! God bless.

Mich said...

Great list! Happy Thankful thursday!

Yolanda said...

Kat,

Hello! You always lift me up when I stop in. Enjoy your weekend. Lovingly, Yolanda

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am thankful I found your blog. Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading your blog. I love reading about new blog friends....


http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Sit A Spell said...

Hi...saw you at Lisa Shaws blog. We all have much to be thankful for...starting with a loving God who cares deeply for us. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Beautiful post! I too have a daughter who is going to be 16 soon. *sigh* It just goes by to fast. What are you all doing for her party? I need ideas. I'm thinking about doing a tea of some sort. Not sure.
Hugs.
Kim

Joyce said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. My oldest turned 21 in June...time has a way of speeding up so enjoy your 'little girl'.

I'm going to check out the book reviewer link you posted...sounds interesting. I love to read as well.

Have a great weekend...Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh I missed this yesterday...I loved this post! I need to start doing this on Thursdays....next week I will, I promise!