Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Today! Double Digits!


It's today, it's today!! Kailee finally is turning 10 and as she calls it the "Double Digits". Funny how I don't see that as a huge turning point. I see the 13, 16, 18, and 21st birthday something to really celebrate, but never thought that "double digits" was something amazing! So here is how the day turned out.

Last night, I secretly dropped Kailee off at a friends under the guise of shopping for her birthday. In the meantime, I drove down to Ontario Airport to pick up my hubby Steve that I haven't seen for three plus weeks. He has managed to arrange to fly in for her birthday as a surprise!! So I pick him up and we head back up the hill so as to not arise suspicion in my daughter about what could be taking mom so long to shop since the mall is only 5 minutes away!

When we arrived at the door, Steve hid and then we waited til Kailee came to the door. My husband came out of hiding and the look on her face was priceless!!! She started crying and saying, "you came home for my birthday?" and then hugged her dad and cried!

That was worth everything money could never buy! She wouldn't let go of him until bedtime, when he tucked her into bed one last time at 9, and kissed her goodnight.

We took her out to breakfast this morning and let her open a few gifts from us today, since her party isn't until Saturday! It was a moment we could never forget. To one little girl, God truly answers the prayers of the faithful!

Happy 10th Birthday Kailee! May God bless you with all the good things in life He has to offer you!

No comments: