Friday, March 30, 2018

A Typical Day in the Life of Kat from Kat's Creations



Good Friday Morning Everyone!

I love Fridays! Don't you?

For some it is the start of their weekend, just finishing up their work weeks and for others it could be their Monday, but Friday just has something to it, the other days don't. Not quite sure if it's just programming we have incorporated into our lives since we were children, and lived for those Fridays!

I wanted you to get to know me more and wanted to take you along in what a typical day looks like for me. You know those things you do even without thinking about it?

For me, waking up in the morning involves, taking whatever morning meds I'm supposed to, while my 3 cats wait anxiously for their treats. Yes, I indulge them every morning and just before bedtime. So Giles, Bella and Boba wait for me to dispense their goodies. Then I open all my blinds and windows. I hate keeping things closed. I think I got that hatred from my mom, who liked to keep everything closed. Maybe it was because we had no real front facing windows and everything pretty much sat at the back of the house. Yet I want to let the sun in!

I make my bed first, because it makes me feel good to know that my bedroom is nice and presentable every day. My youngest thinks it resembles a hotel room, but I like neatness. As I pass by my bathroom, I have to stop and give Giles water from the bathroom sink. He will be here for awhile. So I leave the light on as a reminder that I have to come back and shut off the water.

Then I head to the garage to get things for emptying the cat boxes. With 4 cats, you have to do it twice a day so just first thing in the morning, then just before bed. After that, I head to the kitchen to grab my coffee which is ready from getting it prepped from the night before. I take my cup and head to the couch where I start my real day with prayer and my daily Bible reading and devotions. This will be my 5th year reading my Bible through from cover to cover, and each year God shares more new things that I need to apply to my life. For me, there is no better way than to begin my day.

From there, I check email, post updates to my blog Reviews From The Heart, with FREE Christian book offers and then begin my daily blog. I will also check and see how my business is doing, from replying to comments, posting on all my social media pages and even answer some comments from my You Tube page.

From there, I finally take a shower and then begin to prepare for my day. If I am doing a LIVE video on  Facebook, I will begin to prep and sort through color choices and decide what I'm going to make and get everything ready and cut.

Steve and I will usually head to lunch or run a couple of errands if needed for the LIVE session if I am needing something to complete that look and it gives us a chance to just be alone. When I get back, I water my outside plants, feed my birds that visit during all times of the day. I love Spring in my garden and I love tending to it.

Around 3pm, I finalize all my LIVE preparations, cut all my material and get all the lights staged and ready to go for our LIVE at 5pm Facebook tutorial.

The tutorial will generally last about an hour and a half, and afterwards I will shoot pictures to update my Etsy store on whatever I have made. Then we clean everything up and put everything away and will head to dinner at our local favorite restaurants like Cracker Barrel or Paulina's Mexican Grill, where we know the owners and we're treated like family there. With just cooking for one of us or the two, we want to get out of the house and just be together. It's also a chance for us to hang out with our family and friends that we get to talk with or bring along with us.

The night ends with feeding the cats their treats, and checking email for the last time, taking our daily meds and for me, reading a couple chapters in whatever book I'm reviewing before we head to bed around 11pm. For me, that is generally the way my days roll and I have to say I am indeed blessed beyond measure.

While I may have some medical struggles to overcome, I know I am not alone in this walk. God is completely by my side and we'll work on things together to get to a place where I can feel better again.

No comments: