Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday ~ October 8, 2009


I want to invite everyone who stop here today, to join me on a wonderful journey to Sonya's blog at Truth 4 The Journey. Each Thursday, she hosts Thankful Thursday where you list 5 things you are thankful for. Easy enough and you will make lot's of new friends along the way.

Here is my list:

1. I am truly thankful for each and everyone of you that stops by my blog each day. Some leave me the most wonderful and encouraging comments and I wanted to take some time out to thank you for doing that. You lift me up every single time I read them and in return visit your blog, where I am always blessed by something you have written. You, my blogging family, are the best thing that has happened to me next to my salvation and my wonderful family. You are the reason for me making it through some difficult days where I just want to not log in and even look at blogs because my mood is so down. Yet when I do, you never fail me. God has truly blessed each and everyone of you by bringing you into my life.

2. I am thankful for a blog. What started out as a online journal for me to look back at some of life's more difficult days and see how I got through them and how God has blessed me by weathering that storm. It has truly become so much more as I can encourage, inspire and share that love of God with all of you.

3. I am thankful for the internet that allows me to log into a computer and talk to you via the computer, whether it's email or via my blog or comments. The internet is a great source to keep believers united. What other way can you instantly talk to someone a continent away and encourage one another as if you were sitting side by side? The internet is a great blessing from God.

4. I am thankful for the electricity that runs my computer. I was thinking about this early this morning as I had to get up before the sun. How sad it would be to take a shower in complete and utter darkness. I am blessed because a man named Thomas Edison achieved success through so many failures and never gave up. Because of that, I have power for lights, heat, cooling and to run my computer and so many other appliances.

5. I am thankful for the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it today! Today, God let us be used to bless and inspire your people! Use me to Your will and let me see the needs of others today through Your eyes! Each day brings with it a promise for something more. Let today inspire you with unspeakable joy and love!

24 comments:

Carol said...

Kat,

You are precious! You bless me every time I come by and each time you write me a comment of encouragement (which is every time). I am thankful for those same things that you wrote about today. The blog world, and the friends I have made, are dear to me including you.

Sending hugs and love to you in Christ,
Carol

COUNTRY MOM said...

Kat, First I wanted to say How blessed I am to have you as a friend. You are such a blessing and give me such support. Next I wanted to let you know, I LOVE your blog header. When did you redo it? It is so pretty. Did you take that pic? What a great Thankful list. I have some wonderful blogging friends also. Have a great day. Blessings,

Danae Hudson said...

I absolutely love your number 5. That's beautiful :) And it makes me want to sing that hymn!!

Greg C said...

Great list Kat. And I thank you for #4. I am here working away keeping the lights on just for you. And when I have to work this weekend, I will again be thankful for having this job.

Yolanda said...

Kat,

I so much appreciate you and hope to meet you one day. By the way, your new web-page is awesome, very inviting.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We are thankful to have you too. I know that God has taken me places with my blog and I am thankful.

Saleslady371 said...

I love your list and thank God with you for on-line connections. Thank you for your friendship and your lovely website. I always picture myself sitting on your deck enjoying time together with you. So pleasant!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Hi!

Thanks again for the tip about the computer. I am having my hubby look into it :)

I am glad you are going to light a candle.

FYI-my "A Walk to Remember" is local to you (if I remember correctly) and is open to the community.

Email me if you would like more info: wifemomnurseblog@gmail.com

~Julie

Darcie said...

I too am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have meant in blog land...and that includes you.

Thanks Kat!

Darcie said...

Kat,

Forgot to tell you that I left a link on the word 'recipe' for the apple pie recipe. We made a few changes and took some suggestions from different reviews of the pie.
It was yummy!

Faithful Bloggers said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for! God is so good!

-Kelly

LV said...

I have so very much to be thankful for. I am not doing the five thanks as I am still working on the 15 from you the other day. My health is one thing I am grateful for.

Kelly said...

I was going to say #1 - me too! But then I read all the rest, and thought "me too!" on all of them also! What a great list.

#5 - Amen!

Charlotte said...

Hi Kat,

Today I am thankful to have work to keep me busy and hopefully help pay the bills around here that never seem to end.

Some days, I wake up and say Lord if this is the best you've got. Then I want my money back. No, seriously, I'm kidding but some days are rough and I need a break from this nightmare.

Today, I started to tweet that my life must be bad if all I have in the house that sweet to eat is bag of stale chocolate chips. You know the kind that's turned white and your not sure what they are anymore. Yuck!

I guess I need to run to the grocery store, before my hubby trades me for a newer model.

Seriously, I'm thankful for your blog and all your sweet comments on my blog.

Maybe I should have a bloggy give away for that bag of stale chocolate chips. Maybe that would be a tasty trick or treat for the month of October. Sounds promising to me.

Loren said...

Ha! We blogged about the same things :)
GO FIGURE ~ we are sooo related aren't we ??!!

I am tooo thankful for you and for your friendship, encouragement and that I know the LORD brought us together at this time in our lives is nothing but divine order!!

I love you

Coloradolady said...

I am thankful I clicked on your blog today...what an inspirational post....I agree with all you said here. Blogging has brought so much to my life.

Just Be Real said...

Kat, thanks for the link to Sonya's blog.

Love your thankful list. I ditto your #1 thanks! And to finish it off with #5 of all who created the internet, blogs, electricity and most importantly mankind in His image! Amen. Blessings.

Grandma Elsie said...

What beautiful word of thanks.
it is such a blessing to read your blog . you have such a sweet spirit and alway lift my spirits . thank you for being my blogging friend

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a fine list! You are right... we have family here and we are all spreaders of God's Word as we celebrate our forgiveness through Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!
I, too, find that the wealth of Christians is in our faith and that we can be in touch at the point of a mouse, a bit of current, and care for one another.

May your day be a blessing, Kat, ~ linda

christy rose said...

I am thankful for all of those things that make me able to know you and all of my blogging friends as well. What a sweet and encouraging thankful post! As always! :)
Christy

Our7isheaven said...

What a wonderful Thankful Thursday post! I too am thankful for my new found friends through blogging. I never thought I meet such wonderful people as Kat and oh so many others!

Paula

Marie said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list today. I am so thankful for the computer and all that it has opened up for me too. Back in 1998, after having had major back surgery, I was in a great deal of pain. Our college age son encouraged me to use the computer. He helped me into a chair and pulled up a sight that he knew I would like. Well, I was hooked. I developed a website on Geocities and met friends from all over the world. That website has gone now. This summer when this same son was home for a visit from CA he started me on blogspot. I have again met the most wonderful people. I am in the home so much and this opens up a world to me.
I also wanted to tell you have much I like your beautiful header.

Denise said...

I am thankful for you sweetie.

Heckety said...

Totally agree with every one of your 'Thankfuls'! Thank you for writing them!