Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday ~ October 29, 2009


Another week of some many blessings to take a moment and reflect back on. If you want to participate in Thankful Thursday with Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey, click on her blog name and come join in the blessings and gratitude.

1. I am thankful for all the encouraging comments I received from all of you during the last three days of answering your questions. I hope I have not offended anyone with any of my answers. It's my life in a proverbial nutshell of the last three days. You can always ask me anything as I tend to live my life like an open book lately. I have nothing to hide.

2. I am thankful for a husband who works so hard for his family and then comes home and helps out even more, whether it is assisting with dinner, picking kids up from school activities in the evenings or just reading with our youngest, he always has the time.

3. I am thankful that my husband never complains about crumbs in the bed. So many relationships fall apart over little things but since we both snack at night sometimes, we are both OK with that. My ex would throw fits over the smallest crumb. No eating in bed for him.

4. I am thankful that our cooler weather made for mornings of hot chocolate, coffee or tea. Last night we attended our daughters high school Harvest festival to support their fundraising efforts and boy was it cold. The booth that probably made the most money was the hot chocolate stand and the funnel cake. The local police were also there to make sure to educate parents on safe Halloween practices. He was really nice too!

5. I am thankful my oldest daughter attended her homecoming this week before the temperatures began falling into the 30's. She had a great time and I have included two pictures of her with her date Andrew.



Caitlyn's Homecoming 2009



Caitlyn and Andrew Homecoming 2009

Stop by and visit the ARK for a great love story you won't want to miss!

21 comments:

Andrea said...

Caitlyn is beautiful!

Now, Kat:

As you said, "this is your life" and it is a testimony to GOD. Never apologize for standing on the truth and being transparent. That is what makes your blog an affective witness to others. You are honest about the good, bad, and the ugly. Not that there is much bad and ugly, but if there is you are honest about it.
We lose sight sometimes of how vital it is not to pretend to be perfect. Perfect and without flaw is certainly something we strive for, but last time I checked we were "all" on the fall short list. Jesus was the only perfect human.

Much love and prayers,
andrea

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Caitlyn is beautiful.
Crumbs in bed? I suppose he brings you breakfast too! No crumbs in our bed, we don't have a TV in the bedroom. If we did I would have tons of crumbs.
I am thankful I follow you!

Parsley said...

I'm thankful to so much...every day. And thankful to meet great blogging friends.
Blessings.

Danae Hudson said...

Caitlyn is positively beautiful!!! And I fully agree with Andrea. You are wonderful, even through all the good, bad, and ugly.

He & Me + 3 said...

Your daughter Caitlyn is beautiful...what a wonderful husband you have. You are blessed.

Charlotte said...

That's a great photograph of Katlin! Marriage is certainly about give and take and always a loving work in progress.

My husband has a college friend that he has re-named Monk. This man is so set in his ways that for the past 20 years he has spent his life alone because everything always has to be PERFECT.

RCUBEs said...

Don't get tired of us saying "Caitlyn is beautiful"...She is...

It's awesome to know someone like you...A big blessing...God bless.

christy rose said...

Kat
Caitly is absolutely beautiful. She looks like you with dark hair!!! :)

Loren said...

Awww Kat we are so blessed to have you share YOU with us!! To see Gods grace, to see HIS precious daughter be changed and grow from glory to glory in HIM and for HIM!!

OH My....Caitlin looks so beautiful ~ You must be beaming!! I bet she had a ball!

Crumbs in the bed! Wow, he IS nice....that for me is a huge nOnO! I dislike crumbs LOL but I guess for you I could make an acception hahaha

Beth E. said...

Kat,
I'm so sorry I haven't commented lately...having a sick computer stinks! I'm still sneaking time on hubby's computer whenever I get a chance.

Your daughter is beautiful! This is such a fun time in her life.

I enjoyed reading your thankful list. I have a great husband, too. We are truly blessed, aren't we?!

Blessings,
Beth

~*Michelle*~ said...

OH my! Caitlyn is gorgeous......just like her mama!

I love love love how thankful you are.....for the simple and the great blessings in your life.

btw, Josh fah-lips if there are crumbs in the bed.....LOL

Sheryl said...

What beautiful homecoming pictures. Your daughter is gorgeous.

As for crumbs in the bed - my husband would have kittens over it but I am very thankful for him. He goes to work at 5:00 a.m. gets home about 4:30 and makes dinner 99% of the time. He helps out around the house alot. Hey wait, he makes me sound lazy....ok, maybe I do have my days.

Have a great day.

Joyce said...

Your daughter is lovely...very pretty dress too!

I have a husband who is wonderful in many ways but the crumbs in bed would put him right over the edge
: )

Darcie said...

What a beautiful daughter you have there.

We are all so "thankful" for your past three days of post...and all your post in general. Keep blogging!

Denise said...

Such sweet pictures, your daughter is very beautiful.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Kat, Beautiful photos... I love hearing all about your life. Thank You for sharing. Have a great weekend. Many Blessings My Friend, Audrey

Carol said...

Caitlyn is a beauty. What a sweet couple they make.

I love reading your "thankful" posts. They are very inspiring. You have a great husband.

Saleslady371 said...

She is beautiful just like her Mom!

Tea with Tiffany said...

I love your thankful heart. Sounds like your hubby is a real servant and a sweetheart. Beautiful pics of Caitlyn's homecoming. I missed the 3 part series about you. Maybe I can peek now. We may be going to Justin's away football game though. If Derek decides that, my online time will be cut short this beautiful Saturday morning.

Thankful for you!

LisaShaw said...

Thanks for sharing your thank you's with us dear sister and your daughter is beautiful!

I love knowing more about you Kat and your transparent heart is always refreshing. Love ya.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Awww, love this.

You daughter is lovely.

:)

Julie