Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Funnies ~ About That Haircut?"


A teen had just gotten his driving permit. He asked his father if they could discuss the use of the family car.

His father took him into the study and said, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades up, study the Bible daily, get your hair cut, and then we'll talk about it."

After about a month, the boy came back and asked if they could discuss his used of the car. They again went inot the father's study where the father said, " Son, I've been very proud of you. You have brought your grades up, you've studied the Bible diligently, but you didn't get your hair cut."

The young man replied, " You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that. Samson had long hair, Moses and Noah may have had long hair, and even Jesus is pictured with long hair."

"Yes," his father said, "and everywhere they went, they walked."

"A merry heart doeth good." ~ Proverbs 17:22

If you want to participate in Friday Funnies, hop on over to Kim's blog, Homesteaders Heart and become part of the fun and laughs that makes Friday's something to look forward to!

Don't forget to participate in my giveaway for Seaside Letters on Sunday, October 4th. Click here for more details.

24 comments:

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!

Drop by and pick up some awards...my prayer warrior friend.

andrea

Denise said...

That was really cute, lol

Mari said...

That is a good one!

Darcie said...

LOL!! If only I could of used this on my boy when he gets his permit in May, but he came to the conclusion himself a few weeks ago...that he doesn't have to follow every trend. But he would have enjoyed the humor in this...thanks for the laugh.

Have a great weekend.

Edie said...

Haha! That was cute. I'm going over to Homesteaders Heart to join in today.

Much love!!

Still Learning said...

That was great!! Too funny. I love your Friday Funnies.

Silver said...

No match for dad, huh.

~Silver

Tea with Tiffany said...

I've read this before I think. :) Very cute.

Enjoy your weekend with your family.

Peace and love,

t

Catherine Anne said...

Love it here!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! LOL!!!!
Ah Wisdom at it's finest!
Happy Friday my sweet friend.
Kim

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great answer!

Loren said...

This is soo good!!! Wouldn't you have liked to see the look on his sons face :)

Glad you like my FF video...Had you in mind the whole time

love and miss you

Mich said...

Too cute! My son likes to keep his hair longer than his grandma would like, I decided long ago to pick my battles. I will have to tell her this one.

RCUBEs said...

Thanks for the laugh sister Kat! It's nice when we can remove those wrinkles caused by frowns! Have a great weekend to you and God bless you.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Kat, I love it... What a great story. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Blessings,

KrippledWarrior said...

My parents left my hair alone because I got "A"s in school. Plus I didn't drive until I bought a car. Of course my first car was a motorcycle.

LV said...

What a cute story and very true.

Saleslady371 said...

I bet teen boys hate that joke! Have a great weekend.

Beth E. said...

That is a cute one! Thanks for giving me a chuckle. :-)

Mimmy said...

This is great. Think I'll show it to my two teenage grandsons.

Have a super weekend and

God Bless,
Mimmy

christy rose said...

Extremely Cute!!

Heidi said...

So, that's how we shoulda handled that one. Wish I'd known then, what I know now. Hee hee.

Good funny.

Nutmeg said...

That face! ROFLOL!

Bentley Boutique said...

ROTFL. I'll have to remember this one in a couple of years when my boys start to drive:)Headed over to Homesteaders Heart.