Monday, October 19, 2009

Homecoming or Home Coming?


Monday is here already before I am ready for it to begin. Seems like yesterday that Steve arrived home, tired, fatigued but yet glad to be home. If you like people watching, sitting at the airport for about 30 minutes while you wait is a great way to see all kinds of people. My daughter just loves the way an airport smells. I never noticed it before but she is right. It does smell good. Clean and open, full of possibilities to adventure anywhere these wonderful planes can take you. It's so fun imagining where they are going, vacation or just home, work or traveling to save the world from yet another injustice somewhere.

You see the tear filled good byes of a family seeing their father off to the military. Those are always the most painful for me. Will they see one another again? How long will he be gone? Is this his first trip? You feel like you wandered into a private moment, yet you can't peel your eyes away.

You can watch families unite and see grandparents hug their grandchildren just waiting to pull them from their strollers and cover their little faces with kisses. You watch the proud parents standing still and just smiling from ear to ear. It's been way too long.

Any time spent away from someone you love and care about is too long. Tear-filled goodbyes are the hardest on both people, the one leaving and the one staying behind. Will they see one another again? How long this time? Is this the first trip? Is this the last?

It gives you a sense of appreciation when you finally see what love results do in your life. You have someone at home waiting for you. You have someone at the other end of the line when you call home, just waiting to hear your voice! You have someone waiting with tears in their eyes when you walk down the stairs into the airport and welcome them home. Home, besides love, their is no better word!

Just like our eternal home, once we have breathed our last, our heavenly Father, will stretch out His arms, kneel down and welcome us home!

Welcome home Steve, we truly missed you being here and are so glad that you are home!

25 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Thankfully Steve doesn't have a job where the competition is trying to kill him. Be blessed an be a blessing.

Catherine Anne said...

Love this post and great photo~

Girly Muse said...

So glad your MAN is home!!! :) He's blessed to have a wife like you eager for his return.

Enjoy your week. Love your way.

Loren said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post this morning!! Made me cry because Brian left AGAIN this morning :( but a good cry not a depressed cry


So glad Steve is home and able to be refreshed and loved by all of his girls!!

Have a blessed Monday today! I love you my dear sweet wonderful friend

Mich said...

I know you are glad daddy is home!

Great post.

Heckety said...

Its almost worth them going away for the delgt when they return...amost...

Darcie said...

Yes there are a LOT of emotions at an airport. I love to watch people...in a good way of course, but I think it helps us to be more aware of people and their needs when we notice other people then ourselves.

Crown of Beauty said...

Happy for you that hubby is back where he belongs...his family.

You are so right about airports. My husband and I whenever we traveled together, really loved airports. And I still do. It is a place of transition, like an in between place between two somewheres... it is a place of eager expectation, whether going to a new place, where we've never been before, or to a familiar place, and most of all, home.

May God abundantly bless you today!

Love
Lidj

RCUBEs said...

It feels great whenever that opportunity to be reunited comes...someday...we'll all be united in His home...May you have a blessed week. Take care sister Kat!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love being at the airport - so much emotions with people leaving, returning. etc. Glad to hear your husband is home safe into your welcoming arms. Sarah

Mari said...

Welcome back Steve! Homecomings are the best!

Carol said...

What beautiful writing about "goodbyes".

I have never once noticed that smell in airports. But now I will all because of your dd's observation. Good for her for having that keen sense.

Glad your Honey's home. :-)

Blessings to you,
Carol

P.S. Did you take that photo?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad he made it home safely. My husband is gone this week too.
He travels fairly often. Nice post.

Andrea said...

AMEN!!

Thankful Steve is safe at home with you!

Blessings, andrea

Martha said...

Aw, what a beautiful welcoming post for Steve. Enjoy your time with him, our homesickness for our husbands should be a representation of our homesickness for our God. He is definitely within my heart but I can't wait to meet Him in Heaven <3

Kelly said...

So glad he is home, safe & sound. have a great week.

He & Me + 3 said...

Glad Steve made it home too and I cannot wait to finally go HOME!

christy rose said...

Kat, You are so right about all the different emotions that you can see going on around you at an airport. It is a very interesting place. I am so glad that Steve is home again for you and your girls. And Him too! :)

LisaShaw said...

Hi Kat,

Beautiful sharing! You drew me to tears as I know as a Mom and Grandma who had to release both my daughter and granddaughters at the airport just a few short weeks ago to return them home; was so difficult. I cried, hugged, showered with tears and loads of prayer. I never say "goodbye" but rather, "I love you and see you soon".

I've never thought of the "smell" of an airport. I've been through many in my time but I'll have to pay more attention to that.

Your words here blessed me to no end because it's so how I feel:

"Just like our eternal home, once we have breathed our last, our heavenly Father, will stretch out His arms, kneel down and welcome us home!"

Thanks for sharing with us. Love and hugs.

Beth Herring said...

Wonderful post. I have been on both ends. Watching someone leave and leaving myself. You captured it so well.

Just Be Real said...

Kat, great post. Glad Steve is home. Your heart can rest.....
Blessings dear one.

Laurie said...

Beautiful post. I look forward to the day when I am welcomed home to my Heavenly Father. I can't imagine it really:) Glad Steve is home. Love, Laurie

~*Michelle*~ said...

This was a refreshing post....I really enjoy the way you deliver such powerful messages/reminders.

Thrilled that Steve is home safe, too!

Denise said...

Enjoyed this post.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Home, besides love, there is no better word!

Wonderful, loving post.

FlowerLady