Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday ~ November 5, 2009


It's Thankful Thursday once again and if you have never participated, you're definitely missing out. Won't you consider joining and hop on over to Sonya's blog at Truth 4 The Journey and link up! You'll meet some great new friends, and you will be able to share in the gratitude and blessings we all share each week.

1. I am thankful that I have pain. Yes, you read that right. If I didn't feel pain, I wouldn't be able to do the right things for my body this week. It seems the older we get the more pain we feel or perhaps the more we are aware of it.

2. I am thankful for Steve's flexibility on his job that will enable him to work from home to help me out when he can. Some days are an impossibility for me as you can probably tell by my absence this week. He's been helping out and allowing me to rest. Today is a better day!

3. I am thankful for my beautiful Japanese Maple Tree in our front yard, the reds and browns that greet us each day when we enter or exit our garage is such a nice reminder of God's presence in our lives each day. I have tried to capture the moment on film below. Truly it isn't quite like the real thing however.



4. I am thankful for my ability to quilt. Since I have been resting in bed or on the couch this week, I have been able to finally start sewing my top of my quilt to the bottom. I have vowed to make at least three before years end, so we will see just how close I come to that goal. Here is the top of it, pictured below.



5. I am thankful for cooler temperatures today, as this past week has pushed us into the upper 80's all week long. Kind of hard to imagine it's fall when it's that warm. Now if they will only stay in the 60's or lower, I would be so happy!

NOTE: DON'T FORGET TO HOP ON OVER TO MY OTHER BLOG, ACTS OF RANDOM KINDNESS FOR GOD OR ARK 4 GOD FOR SHORT. There are some great heartwarming letters and articles guaranteed to make your heart sing!

25 comments:

Denise said...

These are great things to be thankful for sweetie.

Still Learning said...

Kat, I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. I hope you will be fine very quickly. You are so right though that we need to listen to our bodies. I pray you feel better quickly.

I also can't believe how warm it is there. Yikes, I can't imagine. We had a beautiful day today, it was sunny & 65 degrees. A perfect fall day. Of course living in California must be wonderful! You are so close everything. I know you must enjoy it immensely.

Have a great day,

Jenn

Samantha said...

Kat,
Praying you are feeling better very soon.
Wonderful list, I love your photos,
the tree is so lovely and your quilt is just beautiful.
I am thinking of trying to learn to quilt. My mother was a great quilter and loved it.
~ Blessings to you sweet friend !

KrippledWarrior said...

Thanks Kat,
Have you found a way to make Japanese maple syrup?

Loren said...

I am covering you my friend in prayer asking for the healing hand of the Lord to do what only HE can! I am so thankful you are listening to your body and resting! I soo wish I was there to help you and take care of you! ONE DAY my friend ONE DAY it will surely come to pass but neither of us will be sick....we will be full of joy unspeakable and having so much fun :)

I can't wait.....this will be a day for many THANKS :)
I LOVE YOU

Oh ya, your quilt is beautiful! My stepmom is a quilter....they hold sooo much love in them! what a gift you have!!

Edie said...

I'm so sorry that you're not doing well but you are so right about feeling pain. Have you ever read The Gift of Pain by Phillip Yancy? It really gave me an appreciation for pain that I didn't have before. Glad Steve is able to stay nearby and help you out.

Beautiful quilt. I've always wanted to learn quilting but never have. Maybe someday.

LV said...

Thank you for stopping by again and your always welcomed comment. However, I am concerned that perhaps you are not well. Trust you will soon be feeling much better. I learned something else I was not aware of. You quilt. You are a lovely lady full of wonderful God given talent. Take care.

Sandra said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for Kat *hugs*

Darcie said...

I know you are thankful for your pain, but I am sorry that you have it. It's hard on anyone, but I am glad you find the strength to smile through it all and to be what you are...thank for it.

Great list as always again!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Kat, Praying you feel better soon. You have a great Thankful list.

I love your quilt. It is so beautiful. I just took a bunch of pics from a quilt my Mom made. She makes quilts for all of us.

Rest and know I am thinking about you. You will be in my Thoughts and Prayers. Blessings, my Friend, Audrey

Saleslady371 said...

I love your pics of the tree and the quilt (you talented gal!). Kat, I'm sorry to read that your hurting in your body. You are on my list to pray for. May you rest comfortably and get well real soon.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for. God Bless.

Mich said...

Hope you feel better soon. Prayers...

Love the quilt, wish I had the patience for it. Beautiful.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I am thankful that I stumbed upon this post, and your blog! Love the pics! Also, today, I am thankful for God's provision. For His unmerited grace. Thankful that I am His! Blessings to you!

Beth Herring said...

I always enjoy your list Kat. You have a fabulous thankful heart!

I need to get on your other blog - I am sick tonight (think Mercie gave me something :) - I am heading to bed so will check tomorrow!

Cathy said...

I hope you feel better soon! Your quilt is so beautiful.

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that you are pain free soon. your quilt is amazing. I love that. you are so talented.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your list...and am always encouraged by your posts.....

Girly Muse said...

I hate to hear that you're hurting!!! Will be praying for you, my friend.

You are such a blessing to so many people. God bless you. I'm thankful for people like you in this world.

Love you...

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Sorry to hear you are unwell. I love the quilt! I can only dream of getting as good as you!
Love Collette xxx

Jane In The Jungle said...

Rest up and I'm glad Steve can be there. And we have a Japanese Maple in our front yard also!

Praises.

Thena said...

Praying that you feel better soon. The quilt is beautiful. Megan my oldest daughter is just learning how to sew and now wants to learn how to quilt. I told her I couldn't help her I don't have the patience to sew. lol

wife.mom.nurse said...

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well.

Your gratitude in the face of adversity is inspiring.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Hi Kat,

Sorry to read you are in pain. Glad you are able to be thankful for all things.

Beautiful quilt.

Hope you are starting a new week feeling better.

Hugs and love!

Deborah Ann said...

Your tree is beautiful. Love the quilt too. Thanks for sharing your thanks!