Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh The Places We'll Go!



I watched an interesting story last week but in all honestly I couldn't tell you what it was, but the question it posed lasted in my mind. It was reflecting on the Empire State Building in New York and it asked the question, how many people who have lived their whole lives in New York have never once been to the top of the Empire State Building?

Since I don't live in New York, I know it would definitely be on my "Tourist List of Things to Do" while in New York, from such beloved movies like Sleepless in Seattle and An Affair to Remember. Yet it made me stop and pause and ask myself the question of what would people want to see if they ever came to Southern California and what would be on their "Tourist List of Things To Do?"

I think besides all the standard responses like Disneyland, Venice Beach and Hollywood, it really made me think of all the time I've lived in Southern California and that would be a whooping 48 years, what am I missing? Is there some "must see" tourist location most people would die to see that I am taking advantage of not seeing simply because I live here and perhaps one day I'll get around to it?

So today I asked the question on Facebook and I'm hoping to get a great response. I would like to share some of Southern California's best locations and tourist spots with my readers and share in the beauty that is right outside my door. I can't wait to see what the responses will be. It just may be my next quest to show you California's best sites and give me the opportunity to see what I've been missing my whole life.

How about you? What locations or places would you LOVE to see if you could visit Southern California? Please leave your comments below:

Perhaps it might even spark a whole new adventure for you wherever you live as well and who knows "Oh! The Places We'll Go!!!


2 comments:

Denise said...

I would love to visit Hawaii.

Our7isheaven said...

Hawaii is one place I really want to visit. My husband lived there for 3 yrs as a child and loved it.