Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday Participation


It's Thursday again and almost ready for the weekend. So I thought I would take some time and share just a few things that I am super grateful for this week.

1. I am thankful for God's never ending patience, love, grace and mercy! Some days you just feel like you need an extra dose of His love and to not walk too far from Him. I am thankful that He is always there when I need Him and He reminds me not too put too much fair in people as they can sometimes disappoint even when they don't mean too, but God never does.

2. I am thankful that my hubby is working locally in Chino. It means he can come home every night and we can enjoy weekends together again for now. We truly have come to realize that after 13 years together sometimes you have a tendency to take advantage of each other always being there. Since August, he has been on the road constantly, so we treasure moments together as a family and moments alone.

3. I am thankful for my many friends I have made during my recent blogging began in January. Who would have guessed I would be so encouraged and loved by my fellow bloggers and they become personal cheerleaders when the days can turn grey!

4. I am thankful for the change in the weather, we have had some super, hot and sunny days lately in the 100's and the winds have returned sweeping the heat back out to the deserts! I love the cool, crisp days and icy, cold, clear nights.

5. I am thankful I am seeing the light and school for the kids is drawing to a close. As a homeschool mom it's like getting an extended vacation even though the learning technically doesn't end. We are trying to plan our first family vacation in awhile, someplace in the mountains, where it's cold, dark and mossy!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

I'm thankful that you began blogging as well, my friend.

Even in the midst of the chaos there is still things to be thankful for. Like a Man in the house that loves his "brood".

Love to you!

RCUBEs said...

Amen! It's a pleasure to meet you as well, sister in Christ! I'm thankful for that!
I had been praying for a cooler weather for So. CA...so "answered prayer?" Yes! Glory to God!
I know what you mean that your husband can come home all the time. My husband and I had to go through a trial of patiently waiting since he used to be in the Navy years ago. God is awesome! We had learned to endure and now, he's been coming home everyday and always off on the weekends. It's a big blessing for us, as a family.
God bless you sister Kat.

LisaShaw said...

I love your list! I too am SO THANKFUL FOR GOD'S PATIENCE with me and His never ending always abounding LOVE AND MERCY!

I would not be here without it. He's amazing.

Love you.