Thursday, February 26, 2015

What Kind of Mood Are You In?



Do you remember mood rings?

I know if you are my age, more than likely that answer is definitely yes! Even now I love coming across them because they were part of my childhood, part of my high school growing up!

They were rings or pendants you wore that depending on the color it was displaying would relate to your mood. It was a fantasy novelty item that truly one never really considered if your mood really related to the color indicated on the ring or pendant. and almost every single girl had one.



The reality was that they were dependent on your body temperature and nothing more. Yet we wanted to believe we could have some insight into someone without really even hearing them speak or knowing what was going on in their life. Perhaps if you had something to say to them you might wait til their "mood" ring or pendant indicated a more favorable outcome for you. How silly right?

Is that any less silly than those that would consult tarot cards or reading your horoscope?

Pretty much the same thing, and people will often consult them before making any significant life changes, even though the results are pretty much as accurate as a mood ring would be.

Why then won't will go to the one in whom all power of creation resides when faced with uncertainty or the unknown future? God knows it all and if anyone can seriously change the outcome of what you are going through it most certainly is God.

Now, don't get me wrong, God may in fact have you just where He wants you to be, and He may not remove certain wrongs in your life at this moment. What I can say for certainty is that He is in control of all of it, the good, the bad and the ugly and while you might not know how it will benefit you this side of heaven, He does. The ripple effect may not directly impact you but someone who will benefit from what you are going through or have gone through. Life is like that, where the lesson is often learned after the test and not before hand.

So whatever you're going through right now, whatever answer you need help with, consider asking the God who cares first and then be willing to wait however long it takes for him to answer you. Remember, too, the answer might not be the one you were looking for and that's okay, He'll get you through it!

Seek God first in all things and don't forget to thank Him while your waiting!!!

5 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, This brought back so many memories for me-a time when I walked in darkness and depended on circumstances, instead of the One who holds me in His hands. I wanted to see how you are feeling?
You've been in my thoughts and prayers so much.
Sending warm winter hugs to you today.
Noreen

LV said...

I definitely remember them. In fact, I had one, but never put any faith into it.

Mari said...

Wow, does this bring back memories! My friends and I all had them, and we sure had fun checking them. We never really believed them though.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember mood rings! I do cry out to God and talk with him all the time. I don't know what I would do without Him.

David C Brown said...

Blessed is the man that hath made Jehovah his confidence, Psalm 40:4.