I don't know about you but I am always interested in what people want to hear from me when they stop by and visit. I've been blogging since 2009 and at the time blogged a lot. I saw blogging as an online journal of sorts not sure if anyone would really be interested in what I had to say. I've met some exceptional "blogging friends" along my journey, people I still communicate with either through blogging or other social media platforms.
One of the things I love to do most is to see what things I have written that have garnered the most interest, the most comments or simply the most views because we know that people pick up your blog posts in a variety of ways and you just never know who is reading it and being impacted by it. I love stats too because they show at times, when people are reading your blog, where they live, and by what search method did they find you through. It helps when knowing what new platforms you should take and which ones you need to let go.
I thought I would share 5 of my most liked and popular posts since I've been blogging:
1. I used to dedicate some of my blog posts to specific days and one of those used to be Friday Funnies. I though there were enough things to stress over that we all needed a laugh instead. One of my most viewed was a Friday Funnies - Just in Time for Thanksgiving which I posted on November 20, 2009. I garnered 45 comments and 15184 page views. It is my highest viewed post and you can view it by clicking on the link below:
2. My next most popular blog was written May 18, 2011, titled Proof That Angels Exist. It was my own personal experience what happened when my daughter was literally run over by a car her friend in high school was driving but suffered no effects when it was clear she should have. While it only garnered 6 comments, the post has been viewed 7123 times and is my second most popular post to date. You can view it by clicking on the link below:
3. My third most popular post was generated by a random outing I had at the beach. Sometimes God gives me messages that correspond to the most ordinary events in order to make the impact more powerful. Think of them like modern day parables or sorts. This was regarding the recent election and why so many people simply chose not to vote. God granted me some insight I wanted to capture and share and that was written in a post called Sand Castles written on January 12, 2013. Only 4 comments but 6299 page views ranked this my third most viewed post. I even had a church ask me if they could publish what I wrote. You can view it by clicking on the link below:
4. Another interesting post for what ranked as number 4 in my most popular post, Easter Jokes for Your Family which I wrote on April 21.2011 which gained 4203 page views and 6 comments. It's interesting to note what some people find interesting to read on blogging platforms. Looking back on these jokes remind me of those silly riddles you used to find on popsicle sticks or gum wrappers. You can view it by clicking on the link below:
5. My fifth and final blog post I thought I would share with you is one I wrote on April 3, 2010, it had 3236 page views and 7 comments and one of my favorites. It is called Castaway and involves using the concepts from the movie Castaway to see what is truly important in our lives. Who is Your Wilson? What is your Fedex Box? What picture is on your Cave Wall? and finally What is Your Sail? It was a two part post and one I seriously can't remember writing, but love it when I am reinspired by my own posts. I hope you check this one out. You can find it by clicking on the link below:
So that is it, my 5 most popular blog posts of all time according to the ranks compiled from Blogger and shared with you. Tomorrow join me to see what are my personal favorites that I have written and look forward to you sharing yours with me as well! It's nice to look back and see just how far I have grown and what I was inspired to share in my blogging career. I hope you enjoyed it and looking forward to your comments!
Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.
I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!
This is my online ministry that God is using to bring about encouragement, hope and love to a hurting and dark world. I am hoping that all of you that find your way here will take something away that will add some meaning to your life! I personally feel it's a calling I have from God at this time in my life to reach out to people that are hurting and offer them hope in a dark world or at least give them a smile and laughter back! I am sold out, body, mind, spirit and soul to Jesus Christ! This blog is dedicated to God, The Great I AM, Alpha and Omega, Jesus Christ, my Savior!