Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What Will Your Final Words Be?



Death.

It's something none of us like to talk about, but it is an absolute fact that one day with a 99.9% guarantee we will all die. The only reason, I didn't make it a 100% is that some will escape this life during the rapture of the church without having to ever face death. Oh how I hope I am one of those people.

But why is it something we fear?

Because according to the Bible, God, did not create us to die. We were meant to be eternal. Yet once sin entered the world, it brought with it the curse of death. Humans were meant to love life. It is why we have such an appreciation for everything all around us. It was created from inside us. But is that same sin that keeps us separated from God, for the Bible says in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NIV).

So once we get past the payment part, our death is required because we ALL sin! There is only one who lived life as a man and never sinned and that is Jesus. He didn't even have to die to pay for His sin, because He was the only one without sin. He died to satisfy God's requirement that the payment of sin was death. He died for all the sins of every single person on the face of the world, past, present and future sins. Sins we haven't even committed yet. He took it all for us.

Hebrews 12:2-3 ~ "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (NIV).

Jesus was the only one who met God's demands and not only took our place on the cross and dying for our sins, but restored the rightful relationship with God through his sacrifice so we can have eternal life. But that comes with a choice.

To choose Jesus or to reject Him.

Contrary to what the world would have you believe, that there are many paths, roads and ways to get to God, there is only one. ALL others are a LIE!

Jesus offers us a life that is greater than what the world can offer. The one Jesus offers is so much better than what the world can promise. The things that matter most in our life are the things that can not be bought - health, love, being together with those we love in this world.

What do you have in this life that is worth dying for?

Or should I say, what do you have in this life that is worth living for?

Most people will say, their loved one, parents, family, and spouses, which is great, but eventually they too will die, then what? What will you have then?

The one thing the world can't provide for you is forgiveness of your sins, it merely reminds you of them instead.

Jesus came because He loved each one of us so much, He wanted to bridge that connect between death and eternal life, found only though Him. He can give you what this world can't. A life worth living is one that is sold out to Him, body, mind soul and spirit.

1 John 2:1 ~ "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."(NIV).

John 10:9 ~ "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture." (NIV).

Acts 2:21 ~ "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (NIV).

Romans 5:8-9 ~ "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (NIV).

Face it, one day we will face death.

But for those who have their faith sealed in the life and atonement of Jesus Christ, when they breathe their very last breath here, will take their first one in Heaven, and what a glorious eternal life awaits those of us that believe in Jesus.

For those that refuse Him or simply won't accept Him, now, know this. No one is guaranteed a tomorrow or for that matter the very next hour. We read all the time, of people dropping dead or dying instantaneous in an accident. Still think you have time to cry out for Jesus to save you in the end. Perhaps, but why chance that?

There are those that say there is nothing at the end of this life. Well if that is the case, than you're all good and people like me are wasting our time living a life of faith. But what if, there isn't. Are you willing to take that chance? If you are, there won't be an opportunity once you die to ask for salvation at that moment. It will be too late and your fate is sealed. I'd much rather error on the side of Jesus, plus it makes my life so much more at peace when you see the state of things in this world, because we are merely visitors passing through this life. One day we will return home and Oh what a day that will be!

If you are ready to give Jesus a chance, consider this simple prayer from your heart, it's all that it takes. It's a gift from Him, to give you the gift of eternal life. He has already paid the price for you, so that all you simply have to do is accept it.

Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.

I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!


If you prayed that prayer, you might not "feel" anything at all. But trust me, when you invite Jesus into your life, change will begin to take place on the inside. I would encourage you to pick up a Bible and begin reading out Jesus in the Book of John first, then read the rest. His Word will begin to come alive to you in a way you have never known before, even if you had read parts of the Bible before.

The best part, is now you have that guarantee that when this life is over, yours will continue. Jesus it the only life worth dying for!

Here is an article from Erma Bombeck from 1979 called If I had to Live My Life Over Again.

Someone asked me the other day if I had my life to live over would I change anything.

My answer was no, but then I thought about it and changed my mind.

If I had my life to live over again I would have waxed less and listened more.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy and complaining about the shadow over my feet, I'd have cherished every minute of it and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was to be my only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten popcorn in the "good" living room and worried less about the dirt when you lit the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have burnt the pink candle that was sculptured like a rose before it melted while being stored.

I would have sat cross-legged on the lawn with my children and never worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television ... and more while watching real life.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband which I took for granted.

I would have eaten less cottage cheese and more ice cream.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick, instead of pretending the Earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for a day.

I would never have bought ANYTHING just because it was practical/wouldn't show soil/ guaranteed to last a lifetime.

When my child kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now, go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more I love yous ... more I'm sorrys ... more I'm listenings ... but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it ... look at it and really see it ... try it on ... live it ... exhaust it ... and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it. "

3 comments:

Terra said...

This is a beautiful post, both your words and the brilliant Erma Bombeck's words.

David C Brown said...

"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life ... shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8: 38, 39. Death cant touch our enjoyment of God's love!

LV said...

Another wonderful, inspiring message. I give thanks everyday for my blessings as I know there may not be even another minute.