Monday, June 25, 2012

Pinterest? Are you interested?


OK, yet again there is another Social Media app that has taken me by storm and it's called Pinterest. Have any of you heard about it?

It's basically pictures of things you like, can make, recipes, you name it, that you can "pin" to a board you create. I mean how many times have you found an amazing recipe and forgot to book mark it or perhaps didn't save it when you should and now you are frantically trying to remember where you saw it. Forgot it, if you saw it on one of your Facebook feeds, it's probably long gone. But Pinterest enables you to create your own bulletin boards of fun stuff you want to keep.

For example, I have a recipes board, one for things to make, school ideas, bucket list items I may want to see some day, ideas for my Dream Home, photography ideas, and of course Household tips.

But the real question is how do these fair? Are the recipes really easy? Do they taste good? Would you really want to keep them? So I thought I would dedicate a day to testing out ideas to see whether that are Keepers or Trash.

If you're a Facebook follower of mine, you caught my dessert last night that so many of you wanted me to share and here it is. It's labeled under Banana Wafer Pudding but this variation is so easy, no bake and tastes so heavenly I am already thinking of different applications for it, such as cupcake filling for Banana Nut cupcakes, to a pie done in a different way. So here it is:

What You'll Need:

2 small boxes of Instant French Vanilla Pudding Mix
3 Cups of cold milk
1 - 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 - 8oz package of cream cheese
1 - 12oz container of Cool Whip
1 - Box of Nilla Wafers cookies
4 - Medium size bananas

Directions:

1. In a 13 x 9 baking dish or container, place a single layer of Nilla Wafer Cookies along the bottom of the pan.

2. Next slice up the 4 bananas and layer them on top of the cookies.

3. Mix together boxes of pudding with 3 Cups cold milk for 2 minutes with a hand mixer.

4. In a separate bowl mix together cream cheese, and condensed milk. Once blended together, fold in container of Cool Whip.

5. Add pudding mixture to cream cheese mixture and stir until blended. (Taste it and you'll be in heaven already!)

6. Pour the mixture over the bananas and wafers and smooth out. - Wait you're not done yet.

7. Add a layer of Nilla Wafers to the top. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.

Hope you made plenty because in my house, EVERYONE wanted seconds. This is the perfect pot luck dessert because it's so simple. Would love to have your comments if you've made it too! Come back here next week for Chicken and Dumplings in the Crock Pot that taste heavenly!

5 comments:

Mari said...

I love Pinterest and am pinning this for sure!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Pinterest is the best.
I LOVE IT!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've never seen a link for your Facebook or your Pinterest. I would love to follow you.

Kathleen said...

Everyone I know is pinterested but me. I've protested, dug in my heals & refused to go there, knowing I'll be hooked if I do.

Oh my ... what would we do without our computers?

Denise said...

Yummy in my tummy.