Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Celebrating First Day of Spring 2012



Little did I remember when I awoke this morning besides being another beautiful Southern California sunny day, that it was the first official day of Spring for 2012. Spring is a great time of year because it shows us of God's plan for resurrection. Just when we think things are dead and asleep for the winter, spring comes along and reminds us that only God determines what is final. Spring provides renewal and hope despite what things may have looked like before, dismal, lost, unbelief, grief and even death.

Spring shows us that God will renew everything again, that there will come a time, when things look to be their absolute darkest and then God will turn the light on situations and reveal the beauty in it all. I thought I would share some of my pictures I captured today with you along with my favorite scriptures that I hope will inspire you and give you hope that this is just a temporary stop in life for believers. We are just passing through on our way to our eternal home. Heaven awaits!



"it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy." ~ Isaiah 35:2a







“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. ~ Matthew 6:28






I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” ~ Psalm 77:12








"Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land." ~ Song of Solomon 2:12








"Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy." ~ Psalm 96:12








"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ~ Matthew 6:26

Happy First Day of Spring 2012!

5 comments:

David C Brown said...

"The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing is come."

NanaNor's said...

Love it and right now I'm missing Ca. spring weather. Although we have sunny days, it is still cool and we can't plant for several months yet. How I miss the decorative trees as well.
Enjoy!

Mari said...

Spring is my favorite season. You posted some beautiful pictures here!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Spring! Beautiful pictures.
I have yellow freesia too.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Thank you for posting such lovely pictures!
I love Spring!

Im a new follower. =)