Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Historical Thanks


Today I am joining my blogging friend, Greg at Greg's General Store for Thankful Thursday. Each week Greg invites us to share some things we are thankful for and to put our focus on giving thanks to our God above who so graciously provides all our needs every day.

Today I thought I would share some historical thanks back to our founding fathers.

1. I am thankful for the 56 men in 1776 who pledged their lives in signing the Declaration of Independence to escape the tyranny to freedom. How many people are willing to do that today?

2. I am thankful for all the Christian registered voters that actually voted in the last election. 65 million people consider themselves to be born again Christians, yet only 50% of them are registered voters and of those that registered to vote, only 50% of them actually voted. Thank you for all of you that voted.

3. I am thankful for men like retired Lt. General William Boykin who stated despite being told to keep his personal beliefs to himself said, "Some would say the church has been 'asleep at the switch'. It's up to us as believers to rise up and become a force to be reckoned with."

4. I am thankful for all the Christians everywhere that are still being persecuted for the faith and continuing to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ into all the world, despite what the local news programs are willing to share.

5. I continue to give thanks for Israel for being so strong against those who would seek to destroy her and continue to support and pray that American stands firm as an ally to Israel.

7 comments:

Vijay said...

hey my blog has been updated, pay your usual visit with ur sweet comment, my dear friend..

NanaNor's said...

Blessings to you my friend, Love your list of gratitude-I echo my thanks for each thing you mentioned. We are a blessed people!
Hugs to you today Kat.
Love, Noreen

Crown of Beauty said...

This post is truly touching and inspiring.

More than ever we so called Christians, the ones who are called by His name, must be willing to pay to cost, stand up and be counted, unashamedly confess that Christ is LORD, and become a force to reckon with.

I share your sentiments and agree with every word you wrote.

Love
Lidj

Mari said...

This is a wonderful thankful list! I agree with every point you listed!

Denise said...

Such a great thankful post sis.

David C Brown said...

So what are those of us across the Atlantic who thought the word was "Let every soul be subject to the authorities that are above him" to think?

And "I am crucified with Christ" - so I can't vote. (And anyway the only Man I would vote for is waiting to take up His role in government.)

And I know that He is the One who will keep Israel under His eye, and doesn't need America to do it! He will have all Israel as believers then.

Sorry for being argumentative: and glad to rejoice with you in those who suffer for the Lord's name now!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on everything you said! You might be able to ignore history (sadly), but you can't change it - and I want my children immersed in the word of God and in the history of their country. If you are immersed and educated, you cannot have someone steal something that is rightfully yours!