Friday, May 21, 2010

Happily Ever Laughter


What I Want In A Man As The Years Go By
By Ken Davis

Sometimes it's good to have realistic expectations. For example, here's something my wife, Diane, wrote:

Here's the list of things I wanted in a man before I got married:
  • Handsome, charming, stylish dresser, thoughtful, in great physical condition, and romantic

Here's how I revised the list at age thirty:
  • Nice looking; opens car doors; is a good listener; works out some and is in decent shape; remembers anniversaries, birthdays, and other important events in our lives; and is romantic at least once a week

Here's is what I wanted in a man at forty-one:
  • Not too ugly; waits until I'm in the are before driving away, acts as if he's listening, holds stomach in, remembers to put the toilet seat down, and often shaves on the weekends.
And the revised list at fifty-two:
  • Usually combs hair that's left, asks if I'd like a ride, stays awake when I am talking, wears a shirt that covers his stomach, rarely forgets my name, and sometimes shaves on the weekends.

The new list for sixty-three:
  • Keeps nose and ear hair trimmed, can still drive, doesn't make bodily noises or scratch in public, usually wears fresh underwear and matching socks, remembers why he went into a room, and usually shaves.

Here's what I will want at seventy-four:
  • Looks don't scare small children, can still find the bathroom, usually wears some clothes, likes soft foods, knows where he left his teeth, and can remember that this is the weekend.

Finally, what I want at age eighty-five:
  • Is breathing and can hit the toilet.

The older you are, the easier to meet the expectations!...(Excerpt from pg 5-6)



This is just one classic story shared by couples who have found how humor can make marriages not only better but stronger. In the book, Happily Ever Laughter, Discovering the Lighter Side of Marriage, Ken Davis through Focus on the Family, and more, share those wonderful and lighter sides to making marriages work.

I found this book funny and at times, tapping my husband on the shoulder and saying, "Oh Steve, you just got to hear this one, it's so funny." and then sharing story after story with him. Even my teenager picked it up and was completely laughing out loud with some of the humor between men and women. Finally a book to make you both smile and one I have to highly recommend.

I received this book compliments of Tyndale House Publishers for my review and trust me, this is one you will want to have. We all need a laugh!

For more information on this book, the authors and even have to purchase your own copy, click on the link below:

http://mediacenter.tyndale.com/1_products/details.asp?isbn=978-1-58997-580-4

12 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds really funny, lol

Linda said...

So funny! Great post!

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK that is hyterical, I need a good laugh!

the wild raspberry said...

how funny.

i love to read marriage strengthening books....

thanks for your kind words and prayers during my hard times~~
chasity

Billy Coffey said...

That was hilarious!

Andrea said...

Cute!!
Blessings, andrea

LV said...

That book is priceless and so true. There are some others that could be added, but we want go there. Loved it and put on a smile for today.

Mich said...

Funny.

Happy Friday!

Beth Herring said...

I definitely need this book. sadly, some of those in the older category sound vaguely familiar about my 55 year old husband...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds enduring.

Anonymous said...

LOL! LOL! LOL! I so needed a good laugh!

kanishk said...

I need a good laugh!
post free classifieds