Monday, August 3, 2009

Catching Up.....



Mondays are such beautiful beginnings to our week! I had my hubby open my curtains this morning to brilliant blue skies with just a touch of silky clouds being pulled thin to cover the expanse of sky that reaches out across the horizon, quite like there isn't enough to cover it from one end to the other, but it is trying to.

Hubby is trying to work from home this week to help me out as much as he can. Oh I am so thankful he has been home, instead of being up in Washington where they wanted to send him. I was told he would have flown home anyway to help out. What a guy!

My youngest had a sleepover last night, they were great, I didn't hear them at all, must be the pain meds for now. I don't remember too much about the final moments of last night.

My oldest is headed for one of three places today, the beach, Lake Gregory again for the waterslides or a new regional park that also has one down the hill as we like to call it. Any place that involves driving literally down the hill, which is the Cajon Summit, a steep freeway incline that separates sea level from the high desert by about 3500 feet.

It's funny because the people who live "down the hill" don't refer to it as that way nor do they refer to it as going up the hill when they are headed our way, which for most people is on the way to Las Vegas. Very few people come up the hill just to visit. Not much here.

I am counting down the days hopefully when I can get up and get to walking around again, which for now remains an impossibility, and keeps me sitting partially upright in my bed with my lap top reading and replying to blogs. So for those of you that wanted to know if I am remaining in bed, the answer is yes! It is a great tool blogging, I got two phone calls from people that hadn't talked to me, but read my blog and had to call. Isn't that nice? See what blogging can do!

I do have great news that I have received from over the weekend and that is from a dear sweet woman known as Silver in the blogging world. Her blog Reflections is one of the most peaceful places I have happened across in the blog community. I was instantly drawn in by her name, Silver, and then by all the little icons on found on her page. It was like a place to just stop, slow down and find my breath again in the midst of the rushing around most of do everyday. It was like being in a meditation room, just that tranquil.



Wow, already feel myself relaxing just talking about it. On Saturday she was wonderful enough to bestow upon my blog the Neno award, which is pictured above. Isn't it beautiful? The Neno Award is given to those who love blogging, love to encourage friendships through blogging, and who help others seek the reasons why we all love blogging. Well this is about everyone's blog I follow or receive comments from. As you receive these it gets hard to just pick up the few required ones to pass the award along to.

You really want to give it to everyone. I mean how do you chose just a few. But I realize the thoughts that go into the passing along of this award and why people give it away. When you receive it, you feel accomplished, recognized and renewed like something within your blog is making a difference to others out there. It doesn't mean if I don't pass it along to someone that I don't feel those things when I come to your blogs. I am simply passing it along to keep it moving, so it will make its way around to everyone. It will touch people and give them a much needed boost in their day.

For some it will be there very first award and for that I am so happy if this award does that for you. I remember when Andrea at Arise 2 Write gave me my very first award. I thought, I am not just writing for me, but it's doing its purpose, my writing is changing people's lives and give them inspiration and motivation to just get through at least this day. Tomorrow can wait and take care of itself. Let's just work on today.

I am suppose to pass this along to those bloggers that love blogging, love to encourage friendships through blogging and who help others seek the reasons why we all love blogging. So here they are:

1. Loren at The Magoo's News. If you haven't stopped by Loren's blog, you are missing out. This beautiful woman is so living out the life of a Proverbs 31 woman by taking care of her dad Doug, while she is apart from her hubby and kids. Please stop by and give Loren a great word of encouragement, follow her blog and let's keep each other going everyday.

2. Rosel at Off The Beaten Trek. She has been one of my first followers and she is as dedicated to helping believers as much today as when I first met her. Her love of God is contagious the moment you stop by her blog as when you connect with her in her comments to you. You feel like you have a great friend, a BFF, and part of a family. Please stop by and congratulate Rosel today and keep her in your prayers so that this warrior will continue to make a difference in every life she touches.

3. Charlotte at Simply Divine Love. Every day I stop here, it's like a mini devotional all wrapped up on one post. I love how she puts together something that tugs at your heart strings and your soul and really gets you thinking about certain topics. Sometimes you are changed when you stop by here, sometimes you are challenged, but with Charlotte I find you are always learning something. Please hop on over, check out her blog and see if you are drawn in by her words and postings. Leave her a comment and encourage her and tell her how what she has written has changed you.

4. Kat at Art's Chili. Yeah I know you must be thinking unless you are following Kat's blog, hmm just what lies beneath that title? A great mixture of all kinds of things, much like chili. You add a little of this and a little of that, and before you know it, you've got something amazing that you can't get enough of. I love Kat's site and not just because she has an incredible name, but because she is someone I can see that we all need to have in our lives. Someone who keeps us upbeat and alive. Someone who won't let you down, no matter how far you think you have fallen. If you need that, go to Kat's site and sit a spell. Read some of what she has written and please comment and tell her what you think. Encourage her today and let her know she is an amazing and brilliant writer.

5. Annette at Lemonade Skies. In the short time, I have emailed and chatted with Annette, I knew I found a great friend. Sometimes you can just tell by what someone has commented to you, or how it is written that you have found a caring heart. Annette's is just that kind and gentle spirit you need. She is the friend that I believe that would drop everything and just come sit with you in the midst of whatever you were going through and be there for you. To sit, to cry or just to hug you and wait til the storm passes. This is what I believe and we all need more people like that today. If you stopped by here today, please visit her and let her know she is an amazing person!

6. Steve at Gotta Have Faith. No I don't just pass along blog awards to Steve because he is my hubby. If you have stopped by and read his blog or been the recipient of his comments, you know that men who blog are a rare treasure indeed. You gain a different insight into their soul when they put words to paper. Steve is no exception. It's exciting to share blogging tips with him and watch his blog grown daily with new friends he comes across. Please stop by today and add him to your list of followers. His comments and posts will just give you the lift you need in your day and just enough to keep moving forward.

If you are looking for that perfect blend of people in your life and out of the 6 I have listed here, you find yourself needing more, click on the right hand side of my blog and check out the people I am following. Each one of them is needed in my life, be it there stories that inspire or their kinds words that encourage, each on of them is necessary and vital part of my life. Please stop by and let them know, follow if you like what you read, and most of all, comment, so you can tell them just what they mean to you. Life is short and we need to let people know we care about them and they mean something to us. Their life will not go un-noticed. We will be a witness to them.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so new here that I don't know why you are bedbound, but I wish you health and strength.

YOU are an encouragement to ME!♥

Andrea said...

Congratulations and hope you feel better soon. You are a dear friend! GOD BLESS, andrea

Warren Baldwin said...

Congratulations on this award! I already follow several of the ones you are awarding, and they are all deserving!

I must have missed a post or two ... why is it you can't walk around?

Mari said...

Congrats on the award! I have to check out Steve's blog now.

Sammantha Marii Lillard said...

Good job, congrats on the award/

Feel better Kat,
I don't like that you're hurt.

See you soon :)

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

congrats on the award and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!
Collette xxx

Heart2Heart said...

To update those of you that have been so kind to ask why I am bed bound and on pain meds, I fell rollerskating and cracked my tailbone. So with much love from my family I have been asked to stay off it, from sitting on it basically, and just lay down for a week to allow it to heal.

This is not easy to do since you can't bend down or lean over to do anything.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

christy rose said...

Congratulations Kat!
You most definitely love to encourage friendships through blogging and help others seek the reasons why we all love blogging. You most definitely do!

Elle Bee said...

Congratulations! In the short time I've been reading your blog I can already tell this award is well-deserved! I can't wait to check out the blogs you listed (besides Lemonade Skies which I've been visiting since you told me about lovely blog!).
Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Linda

Loren said...

Congratulations on this award, it is sooo pretty and I you are so deserving of this :)

I am so proud of you for staying in bed and oh so thankful Steve is able to be at home this week! Having him there has got to give you great peace!

Thankyou so very much for this award~ I am honored!

Praying for you and your sweet family!!
Love you Kat

Annette said...

Congratulations and thank you! You and your blog are awesome!!! Feel better soon!!! :)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Congrats Kat, you definitly deserve it!

Glad to hear you are staying put and healing, prayers for you!

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Kat,

Congratulations on the award. It is beautiful. Your site and who you are and what you write about touches me deeply when I visit here. You bless me.

I just went back through your posts to find out what happened to you. You poor thing! I know how that feels. When I was in highschool (many years gone by) I lost my footing and slid down the school bus steps and landed on my back side. I was taken to the hospital and had a bad contusion on the end of my tailbone area. Oh how I do have great empathy for you. I'm praying that it will mend quickly and that you never have any problems from it. I hate to say it, but I still hurt if I sit too long and have to get up and move around, but that's me.

Thank you for your visits to my site and your strong prayer support for my husband and myself.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Congratulations on your awards. Looking forward to browsing a bit tonight on your blog ...

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Will pray for you too! And hope all will good soon! Hello from Russia. Nika

RCUBEs said...

Been busy all day today. Now that I have time to get on line, you greeted me with a surprise! Congratulations to you and that award is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with me. I feel so honored with your kind words about me and my site. Praying that you'd be up on your feet soon! May the Lord patch up that small fissure. God bless you sister Kat! Love and blessings to you.

Crown of Beauty said...

Congratulations on your new award.

May you be up and about soon, but in the meantime, I pray it will be a creative and redemptive time for you.

Love
Lidj

~*Michelle*~ said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing along these wonderful blogs that I look forward to visiting. I love to start my days out with words of encouragement and peace (which is why I pop over here too!).....

Happy healing prayers for you.....

xox
*~Michelle~*

Slices of Beauty... said...

Congrats and all the best!

Kat said...

Kat,

You say things so eloquently. No wonder you were blessed with such a lovely award. Thank you for the kind words and beautiful description of my blog. You sum it up so nicely, I may have to quote you!

I am just catching up after being away over the weekend and having a ton of peaches to can yesterday. I do hope you are feeling better today.

I look forward to checking out these other blogs when time permits.

Hugs,

The other Kat

Charlotte said...

Hi Kat,

Are your feeling a little better today? Congrats on receiving your well-deserved award! And MANY THANKS for passing it on to me and the lovely blogs included in your list.

You made my day, thank you!

Joyfully,

Charlotte

Sarah said...

Kat,

You always bless me with your words and encouragement! May the Lord fill you to overflowing today and drench you in His love.

I love to stop by for some reason, I can rarely get your blog to come up, Internet in Costa Rica, sigh. But I enjoy it when I can. Now that it's working, I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Hugs for better health,
Sarah Dawn

Greg C said...

I hope you recover soon but in the meantime, just keep blogging. We love it.