Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Questions for God


We all know that the only person that has all the answers to life's questions is God.

He alone is omnipotent and omnipresent. He can be everywhere, know anything and take care of every situation.

I know often times people wish for those God like powers, something similar to Bruce Almighty, but few I honestly believe would like all the responsibility that it would take to manage such power.

That is why it remains with God alone.

You've heard the saying many times I am sure, "that with great power comes great responsibility?" I think it would be too much for any man to handle alone.

Think if every thought you had was to instantly happen, or just the flippant phrase out of your mouth in anger were to miraculously come true.

Sure we could instantly fix it with a new set of words but the consequences would be more than the human mind could process.

I do find it interesting to reflect on the possibility of having a one on one, 'heart to heart' conversation with God some day. To ask any question and have the answer freely given.

Here are some questions I would love to have the answers to?

1. What ever happened to the dinosaurs since we know the Earth really isn't as old as scientists claim?

2. How did you make the Grand Canyon? (I would love to see his Planet Earth DVD series) :)

3. Why weren't humans given the ability to learn to fly?

4. Why did you create angels?

5. What was your greatest creation?

6. What has caused you the most pain?

7. Why did you create only 7 continents and 1 really large expanse of sea?

8. Why did you create night time if in the future heaven there won't be any?

9. Which animal was your favorite and why?

10. What is your favorite fruit and why?

These are just some of the things I would love to chat about with God, and I would love to know yours as well. If you were given a day to sit with God and ask Him anything, what would you ask?

Please share and comment!

8 comments:

God a Have Faith said...

Great Post Sweetheart! I also beleive that he is omnipresent to the fact that God knows my questions and answers before I write them.

I think my questions would be.

1. Why do you feel the need to let children starve in countries all around the world when we have the maens to feed everyone.

2. If you had another color to create, what would you call it and what would it look like?

3. What is up with the Platypuss?

4. Can you through evolution, fix the whole back and knee problem that us humans have?

5. If we can now travel into space, are you going to allow time ravel in the future?

RCUBEs said...

I wouldn't want to miss His answers with your questions so let me know when you have that time and I'll bring "bottomless" drinks, too since we have all the time to listen to Him - for "eternity" by then :)

Warren Baldwin said...

I do have some questions. But first, I think I'll spend a lot of time saying, "Thank you for letting me be here! Thank you! Thank you!" wb

Prairie Girl said...

I have so many questions about everything under the sun (literally)

One question I can think of right now is if certain "people" that I have met were actually angels. 2 in particular. One instance happened when I was a teenager, sitting on a rock in a park reading scripture out loud. All of a sudden 2 tall men came into my periphery. They asked what I was reading and when I told them, they encouraged me to keep reading...and then walked on. When I looked up, they were gone.

I've always wondered.

Prairie Girl said...

Oh and I forgot to add - thanks for the thought provoking question! It was great :)

Crown of Beauty said...

This is a post that made me begin thinking of my own questions for God. I will have to sit down and write them... for there really are many questions in my mind. I used to think that I would have to wait until eternity... for the answers... like, What happened to Solomon? And, what was Jonah's reply to God, since the book ends without telling us Jonah's reaction... and What is Enoch doing in heaven now?... also, Will my heavenly house be next to my husband Ernie's... Will we get to cook our favorite food in heaven? Oh, just too many.

Thanks for this post, it was fun reading it, and now it is making me think of all those questions for God.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Questions for God. Great! I have a list of them myself.

Why mosquitoes?

What's up with getting hairy as we age?

Why do you put up with us?

And many more....

Poverty and abuse are huge on my question list. However I doubt when I get to heaven, I will even care.

Enjoyed reading this.

Anonymous said...

Aw, precious post!!!

I often ask why God makes women so emotional when we're supposed to be the husband's help meet :P sometimes we're so caught up in our own feelings that we forget to notice our husbands, oops!! :)