Monday, March 30, 2015

Are YOU Living on the Right Side of History?

( Photo: America's Providential History)

Growing up one of my least favorite subjects in school was History. Didn't matter if it was American History or World History, I couldn't get understand why we needed to even remember all this stuff that happened so long ago, much less how that might be relevant even today many, many thousands of years later. In fact, I failed some of my history classes in high school. Perhaps it was the teacher who didn't inspire a love of the past, but whatever the reason, if you know me today, it is one of my favorite subjects to study.

It has been said that those who don't remember our pasts are bound to repeat it (George Santayana 1905) and I fear that may be happening very soon. America has been reported to be on the same scale as Ancient Rome and we all know how that turned out. But did you know that there is recorded history that is applicable to all nations? It's called the Cycle of A Nation. The average life cycle for most nations is around 210 years. There are 7 different ages to a nation.

1. The Age of a Pioneer ( Vision, Passion, Simplicity of Self Rule)
     This is the beginnings or birth of a nation. It contains the vision for what it may become and laws are established to help it grow.

2. The Age of Conquest ( Expansion, Development, Growth)
     As a nation begins to grow, it needs to expand as the population grows. Cities are built that all fall under the growth of this new nation.

3. The Age of Commerce (Wealth and Influence)
     As a nation grows it begins to prosper and others are drawn to it.

4. The Age of Affluence ( Leisure and Pleasure)
     The nation now begins to ensure some of the fruits of all the hard labor. We begin to realize how profitable we have become and realize how much we have done for ourselves.

5. The Age of Intellect (Self Reliance and Arrogance)
     The nation now has no need of God. They begin to self justify all that they have done for themselves. They begin to push God out of the equation.

6. The Age of Decadence ( Tolerance and Acceptance)
     The nation now has compromised on some of the laws in order to accommodate the needs of others that don't necessarily believe along the same lines as they had in the past. New generations have risen up that don't accept the beliefs of those before them. They make concessions so that everyone is happy don't whatever is right to them.

7. The Age of Decline and Collapse (Greatest Amount of Rule and Law). 
     Because the nation is now struggling in economic, political or judicial ways, they decide that the only way to make things better is by changing existing laws or making new ones in order to fix things. People are slowly getting out of control as they struggle to find ways to fix what is broken.

This is now when a nation will fall and be taken military by another nation. When it will go into captivity of another nation.

Do you see where America might fall in any of these cycles? Are our current leaders not pushing for more government control, more laws or even changing the very laws our nation was founded on because they are out dated? Is America on the brink of falling into the captivity of another nation?

I believe we are. We have grown too apathetic as a nation. We have slowly fallen into these very same paths and have now gotten ourselves in such a fix, we are scrambling to find ways to fix things before it's too late. We have enemies that have a sworn hatred towards America, once a very blessed nation. We have removed God from the equation at every stage and now wonder why things are broken.

We have shaken our fists at God and said "We're fine thanks, we've got this! We don't need YOU or your outdated laws from the Bible to order us around anymore."

I mean what laws don't people agree with? No murdering, not lying, not stealing, not cheating, not worshiping God?

Yeah I think it is that one right there. We don't want to be told what to do and we have forgotten our Creator. The Great I AM!

Our nation wants Kings and gods of our own choosing. They want a god on their terms, their own selfish desires. They will simply reject God if He doesn't respond the way they want him to.

But they fail to realize that God is not a product. He is not a genie that answers to the whims of the people. What happened to Israel prior to its destruction in 70 A.D. is exactly what is happening in America today.

If history repeats itself, will America not suffer the same fate as Israel, God's chosen land and His people? What makes us think we are above it all?

We need to simply realize that what is happening in America today is not a political problem, an economic problem, or one that the government can fix, but it's a spiritual problem. I believe it's time to clean house, and get right with God again.

No matter what has happened in your past, perhaps God didn't save your loved one despite your prayers, perhaps God took away all you had, and now you have nothing or are on the threat of losing everything. remember this. God is a God of restoration. If your loved one is dead, if they were a believer is Jesus, you WILL see them again. This is just a temporary absence. They are waiting in heaven on the other side. Stop blaming God and start living for Him.

God is a wonderful loving father who wants only the very best for you. You might be losing everything so when you get to rock bottom, you have nothing left but trusting God. All YOUR efforts have failed up to this point. Now it's time to turn to God who has been patiently waiting for you to look up and let Him help.

Won't you consider what God offers instead of what the world does?

Trust me God's retirement plan is way better than anything Wall Street or your 401K plan offers!!!

Eternal life awaits. But it won't wait forever for you to make that choice to follow Him.

The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." Don't you want to spend an eternity with God over being eternally tormented in judgment? I'm sorry but those are the only two options waiting for you when you die. Choose life, eternal life. It's a decision you will NEVER regret.

It's really simple. Say the prayer below and believe it in your heart. You may not feel anything different after you do, but trust me, the Holy Spirit coming to live in your life after this prayer will begin to work in your life. Your former life will now try to battle the ground it lost when you made this decision. That's how you can tell Your a child of God's now, but it's one with the best benefits ever!

Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.

I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!

Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.

I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!




1 comment:

Mari said...

That is really interesting! I certainly see where our nation is now, and it's not good. I think many other countries are in the same age right now. Thanks for sharing this.