Saturday, January 1, 2011

Beginning with 1


Did anyone find it odd that today's actual date is 1/1/11??

I've seen so many posts and status updates on Facebook where people are simply sick of the same old life they've been living day after day. Looking back and seeing nothing but things they wanted to change but didn't and things they didn't want to change did.

So many people start of with a great vision of what the year will accomplish and then fall short before they reach the finish line. Why?

We've read all the books, gotten advice from everyone we know, seen at the latest products and shows to gear us up, but what we truly lack is determine, drive and desire.

This year I challenge to you finally do something about what you've been saying you want to do with your life. Everyone dreams the dream but so few ever make it a reality. With God's help, anything is possible. No dream is too far fetched, well that is if you are expecting pigs to really fly and niagra falls stops falling.

It's time to be accountable. For Steve and I, we've lived our lives for everyone else, living in certain places to make being with family and friends more accessible, but the reality is, once we moved, nothing changed. The visits didn't increase, in fact, people are just different now. At least the ones I know. People are becoming more reclusive, not social. They are forgetting how to live life and instead simply exist from day to day, hoping this day will be different.

So this is the year of making plans to make things different, whether it may be a change in location, a change in our weekend plans, or simply just getting out. No more looking back in regret with a heavy sigh and seeing your dreams slide backwards. With God's help, this year, we are pushing forward.

We look forward to all the new beginnings and we embrace the change that's coming. The sooner we can adapt to that change, the sooner it becomes normal and no longer a struggle. It's like fighting a riptide by swimming to show, instead of swimming to the side away from the pull and then safely back to shore.

Seeing at today is the beginning of new opportunities, new possibilities and new horizons, I stand boldly and take a giant leap forward. What are your plans for the 2011 year? Stop dreaming the dream and make it real!

11 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I have not made any lofty plans/dreams. I just want to keep my roof over my head not woryy about is this the year that things get totally yanked out from under me!

Doris said...

I plan to remember this:

Job 13:15 - Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him.

Even IF things are yanked out from underneath me, I will continue to have faith and praise Him in the storm. Easy? NO WAY. But VITAL!

Terra said...

I like your suggestion to make plans to make a change or two, maybe dramatic or maybe subtle.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Kat! First, I love the book, it held me captive.

Thank you for your friendship & a wonderful year of visiting. Look forward to many more.

May you be showered with blessings & joys.

TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Rita said...

Sometimes when we get older, we realize that there are dreams that we had when we were younger that will never come true. But that doesn't mean that we can't have new dreams. May whatever dreams we have today come true by perseverance and with His help! You always give us so much to think about! Have a good new year!

Denise said...

Happy New Year, love you.

Journaling Gina said...

My thoughts for the new year and to BELIEVE the truths of God rather than the lies of the DEVIL! I'm trusting in God's opinion rather than the worlds.

Thanks for the encouragement you offer with your blog. Praying you enjoy God's best this year!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Amen! I just feel that this year is the beginning of something bigger than my imagination. I'm totally believing that God is going to be in control and as much as I'd like...I've got to yield it all to him. Thank you for the reminder.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2011, Kat!
Blessings for you and your family..
xo, misha

KrippledWarrior said...

No. I don't find it strange at all 1/1/11, was the natural progression in the calendar momentum. It would have only been strange if it had been some other number set. Happy New Year Kat. Give my best to Steve and the Daughter.
Love,
Kurt

Heckety said...

That's some challenge, me dear!
Don't you think that many of us fail to follow our dreams because its easier to say 'we never got around to it', than, 'I failed'. I guess I count myself in that catagory too, but I really am trying to get my act together and make things happen which I want to happen.
Why the fear when we know God is holding us in the palm of His hand? Why doesn't faith drive out fear?
But yes, its good to take up a new challenge for the new year that's in it!
PS I know I haven't visited in an age, but I want to say you look really healthy and great in yout profile photo!