Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ups and Downs



Hard to figure out why some days are better than others when managing my IC pain. I try to keep to my approved food list, but there are those moments when it seems like you're doing everything right and nothing seems to help. I am trying to stay positive and most of all, trying to keep my emotions in check. That in itself seems like an impossible task.

To say that IC (Interstitial Cystitis) sufferers have to deal with life style changes is an understatement. You can't just hop of to a random lunch at your favorite restaurant because your food choices have changed. My hubby in hoping to cheer me up offered to do just that, a lunch date to get out of the house. Where does one go when you have IC? No more Mexican food with my favorite people, No more Italian food, no more Pizza and now I really have to scrutinize the ingredient list in what I do order, so we opted to eat at home since it was more safe for me.

It is hard to even think about going anywhere based on this because not only do you have to have a restroom readily available but you also carry water with you everywhere you go along with your approved food choices and let me tell you, there are not many I can have. My beverage choices are water, milk and milk substitutes like Almond Milk and such, eggnog, pear and blueberry juice. That is all my friends. Can't even infuse my water with things I used to love like strawberries and other berries. I even tried Hibiscus Tea yesterday with blueberries, and that left me reeling in pain all night to the point I was considering taking some pain meds.Last night was not a good night.

So what does one have on your typical day, breakfast for me will be bagel and cream cheese with water, followed by lunch which will be a grilled cheese sandwich on wheat bread and cottage cheese, and dinner will be salmon and broccoli. All with my ever full cup of ice water. I do have an appointment with a natural doctor who deals outside of prescriptions drugs but that is not until May 25th. I have a scope scheduled for Friday but trying to decide if I want to do that and deal with pain all weekend long.

From what I have been reading and researching, scopes are generally not scheduled unless prior treatment has failed or there is blood in your urine. For now I guess, I can manage my symptoms as best as I can, and no blood in my urine at this time. I am still waiting for the results of my urine culture I completed yesterday so time will tell. I will call for the results on Thursday, but I know what it will reveal, no infection. So today I pray that God will strengthen me to walk the path He has laid before me today. There will always be something good in all of it so I am thanking Him that He has a plan and a purpose for this. For now, just trying to find ways to enjoy some coffee so I don't have to deal with migraines from caffeine withdrawal and finding ways to get my energy level back.

Please pray that the pain will be manageable today, that my energy levels will increase, and that I will be fully healed from this in God's timing. 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Praying for God's hands to heal you. ((Hugs))