Saturday, May 26, 2012

What do you see, really?



You've heard the sayings virtually everywhere, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear and even appearances aren't everything. Then why is it when we view things through our own eyes do we see things differently? Take for example many times, our own lying eyes. Each time we look at ourselves, what do we really see?

More times than not, we see flaws, imperfections, irregularities and every little thing wrong with us. Why don't we see what others see? Are we too judgmental on ourselves? Is our vision flawed? How can we change what we view?

Perhaps most of those questions very easily will be answered when we arrive in our eternal destination, the home we were meant to have, heaven, if you are a believer in Jesus Christ. When sin entered this world through disobedience to God, our visions were forever altered. We had a profound difference of what was wrong with things, why certain things aren't good enough, and why we will never ever be truly content.

I often wonder what does God see when looking at us, when we are viewing ourselves in our mirrors? Does He see things are they truly are or does He see what the world sees? Why can't we then, learn to ask God through prayer to see things through His eyes? To stop judging what we can't see and accept things the way they are in love through God's eyes. This is my new prayer and I am hoping it will change a lot of things. I am praying it will change my heart and keep me from judging people based on what I see instead of what I know. I am praying it will lead me to look on people in unconditional love instead of what I perceive to be the truth.

I am praying that many others will have the scales removed from their eyes and we will begin to see this world for what it truly is, God's creation and so is everything in it. Let's put aside our differences and bind the enemy who would see to show us other views than the one God would like us to see. We need to remove the blinders that most of us have willingly let this world put on us, and start seeing the hurting, the needy, the hopeless, and give them help, provide for their needs and restore their hope. That's what it means to be a follower of Christ.

For some people no matter what you say will not make a difference to them until they can SEE things for themselves and for some, we may be the only version of the Bible that they will ever know. Let's make sure the message is perfectly clear. (Oh, and by the way, the picture on the top is sand, magnified 250 times, interesting what really is in what we think we see!)

4 comments:

Terra said...

I am amazed that the photo is of sand, I thought it was some small sea glass you found. Thanks for the post.

Kat said...

Awesome picture and awesome analogy. My study this morning was on the scripture about checking out your own beam before judging others. I always love how the Lord ties together different parts of our day and lives with a common theme.

Hugs,

Kat

Beth Herring said...

beautiful... can't believe that was sand. isn't God amazing? the details He puts into even the smallest of things. I just love Him so!

David C Brown said...

If we start by having some idea of God's view of Christ that will put everything else in its own place. "Thine eyes shall see the King in his beauty", Isaiah 33: 17.