Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting Ready To Write A Book!


I've longed for the day when inspiration will finally hit and I can begin my dream of writing a book. Every time I've ever shared anything I've written from a simple email, to a song, poem or short story, I've been told that I should write a book. Even my husband teases me that I should hurry up and write a book so he can quit his job and we both can work from home. Ha!

I guess for me the answer is always, I'm waiting on God's calling, and for the life of me, I've been waiting for some kind of divine inspiration or a desire to be able to just sit down and write. But I have been also thinking lately, that God's given me the gift to tell a story, the ability to write or type and time to do it, so I'm thinking, He's sitting back just asking me, "Well what are you waiting for?"

So now I just need to consider what to write. The advice I've always heard was write what you know or perhaps I need to do a bit of research. I've had the wonderful opportunity over the last three years to share the love of reading what other amazing and talented authors have been writing and now I am preparing myself for that giant leap forward.

The best part of writing in the "Christian" genre, is that I've met some incredible authors who are more than willing to help me on my writing path. These are the author's I've admired and whose genre's are the same for what I'm leaning to in regards to what I feel like writing. So as I prepare to take that leap this summer, and finalize all the 7th grade home school work I'm tackling for now, I'd love to hear your thoughts from my readers on what you think? I've been writing on and off on my blog for almost 4 years now and would love to know what books speak to your heart?

I used to be able to say that my favorite genre books were Historical Fictions, Amish Fiction, Thriller, Suspense, Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction, all within the Christian genre, but lately I've been so exposed over the years to many amazing and talented authors I would never had the opportunity to read if I stuck to my comfort zone.

I guess my challenging question besides just begin writing the book is what are some things to be concerned about and how does one go about being published?

I look forward to your comments and suggestions as I begin my undertaking and will be blogging about it every step of the way. Hoping you are all having a simply wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I too have longed for that day where I can pick up the book I started years ago to finish it. Only have 25 chapters but after my husband left I never wrote another chapter. I keep thinking I will someday but like you I keep putting it off.
Glad you have made up your mind and going to be writing.
Can't wait to follow you on your journey.
Good luck!
Maggie

Unknown said...

You should write in a place where you feel most passionate. Then, God will meet you there. I have begun the beginning stages of a book that I hope to begin writing soon. I know that God has gifted you with the talent then he will show you what will be the genre for you. I can't wait to hear how your journey goes. Prayers headed your way!

David C Brown said...

One of the books I will never write begins with a real situation I was in an confronts what would have happened if I'd taken the opposite decision. Are there any ideas in there?

Plan carefully, revise thoroughly, and make every word count.

Grace be with you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This sounds very exciting. I will pray for you.

Ric said...

Wonderful thoughts! wonderful images! God bless!