Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Best Day of My Life in 2010!


Matthew West at Church

Happy Tuesday to everyone and I am sincerely hoping you all had a great weekend since blogging traffic all weekend long was super light.

Here's a recap of our weekend.

Saturday was family chore day! We got the whole house involved in getting the house spring clean to a degree and since everyone was helping it was done in a couple of hours. We had some mild temps on Saturday which was super nice and the kids went in the Jacuzzi in the evening while we BarBQued.

Sunday was off to second service at church since Matthew West was the musical guest this weekend. He was amazing and played two acoustical versions of the Motions and Moment of Truth. We thought Kailee our youngest would join us in the main service as I didn't want her to miss out, but she loves her Junior High group.

Little did we know that Matthew West came to their class and sang just for them, a mini private concert and shared his testimony with them. She came flying out of her service telling us that she happened to pack her camera and got a personal picture with him. It was smiles for the rest of the afternoon. The bad news is that she took it with a camera that we can't upload the pictures. Darn!



Later that day Caitlyn and I accompanied Steve and Kas to their bowling league and we all had a great time. We were the cheering section while they bowled. After that we stopped by the house long enough for a quick change and it was back to church for the full Matthew West concert. I can't say enough about his testimony and his music. It is truly a God given gift and he is using it to bring so many to God. After the concert, we had time to visit with him personally and talk to him. Something our kids were blown away by because this doesn't happen to concerts of the world.

Matthew's personal testimony is captured in the video at the end of this post. At the height of his career he was informed he had to have vocal cord surgery and wasn't sure if he would be able to sing again. He gave it to God and after two months of recovery, well God has blessed him immensely!

Some of the highlights of the concert were that Steve and Caitlyn got to sing with Matthew in the song, You've Got Something to Say. We got front row seats in our church to see him in concert which Kailee loved. Her very first concert too! She was dancing, singing and clapping along. At the end of the concert, I even got to tell Matthew that his music from the song, The Motions really spoke to me at the lowest time of my life. I needed him to know his music is really reaching down to the hearts and souls to people!


Kailee and Matthew West

They got pictures autographed and had their pictures taken with him and even Caitlyn's BFF, Katie came with us, she was personally touched when Matthew West sang Save A Place For Me, a piece he wrote to sing at his grandmother's funeral. Katie just that day lost a close friend, so it was so inspiring that God touched her right there in church that night.


Katie, Matthew West and Caitlyn

Monday was up early as we had to drive into Laguna to drop Caitlyn off as she starts her new intern job today, Tuesday. We visited my mom and sister for quite some time and then decided to make a start home early due to holiday traffic with everyone coming home. Turns out our decision was a sound one and we made it home so Kailee could go swimming at a friends house.

In addition to my weekend news, I have winners to announce for the two book reviews from last week.

For the winners of the book Broken, they are:

Jolanthe at No Ordinary Moments
Vicki from Here in My World
Brenda at Quilting Along Life's Way

and the winner of Leaving Unknown is:
Allison from Life in The Z Lane

I was fortunate to get in touch with all of them but please congratulate the winners while I leave you with a video clip of the song that he sang that ministers to those we have lost. This is the song that really spoke to Katie and I hope you enjoy it.

If you want to visit Matthew West's website, click here!

22 comments:

Cathy said...

Great post! Love to hear Matthew West sing.

Catherine Anne said...

Looks like fun:)))

~*Michelle*~ said...

Matthew West is so awesome! Thrilled you were able to worship with him!

Oh, and I got my book last week....thank you so much!!!!!!!

Denise said...

I love Matthew West. Glad you enjoyed your weekend sweetie. Congrats to the winners.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you all were together as a family worshipping, bbqing and working together.

Still Learning said...

Matthew West!!!! Oh you lucky duck!! I am so super jealous. How awesome! He is one of my favorites.

Glad your weekend was great :)

Jenn

Jane In The Jungle said...

What a great time! So glad the girls enjoyed it and he took the time with them. I took my oldest to see him years ago, and he's been a ferquent guest on the radio station we listen to out of Franklin Tn which is a burb of Nashville. He is an amazing talent.

Unknown said...

Kat ~ How cute the girls ... flying high, weren't they!

How are things coming along for your husband ...

Congrats to all the lucky winners.

Have a great week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Angel said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Would have loved to have been at church with you. I bet Kailee was thrilled. Still praying for you guys!! Love and Blessings

Mari said...

For some reason I can't get the whole song to play, but I've heard it before. It's an amazing song. What a great day for your family. I'm glad you had this opportunity!

KrippledWarrior said...

Kat,
I'm over joyed that you all shared such a great day. But I am praying that it was not your best day of 2010. And you can count on the fact that I'm going to post this song soon.
Love you big bunches,
Kurt

Just Be Real said...

Wow Kat. What an exciting time for you and all. Thank you for sharing in words and pictures. Blessings.

Beth E. said...

What a great weekend...I love to hear Matthew West sing!

Now that you have finished the spring cleaning at YOUR house, come on over and help me with MINE! ;-)

Tea with Tiffany said...

:) What a gift! Love his music. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

What a great weekend you had, always wonderful to have family together whether working, praying or worshiping.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Loren said...

Sounds like the perfect family weekend! Then top it off with Matthew West :) HOW AWESOME is that!

Praying for you guys!

petrii said...

Kat,
Matthew West is one of my fav's from back in the day when he first did that pseudo rap song that I cannot think of the name of. But he is amazing!!! So glad your kiddos got to meet him and talk to him and that they were so touched by his music.

Sounds like you had a beautiful weekend.

Love you friend,
Dawn

Deborah Ann said...

Matthew West is coming here in a few weeks. Should be good! I love it when musicians are willing to meet their fans. That really shows the love of Christ!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I haven't been listening to Christian music lately so I don't know him but he is very good. Cute to! How wonderful that you got to see him in person. Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend for all of you.

Steph T. said...

Matthew West!! That is incredible!! Fun for you family in God's name!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I love Matthew West and his songs. I also loved that video which I saved to my favorites.

I'm so glad that God was good and blessed you and your family through being with Matthew West and hearing his testimony. God always knows exactly what we need, when we need it and who to send to deliver it.

How is your husband's job search coming along?

Hugs,
Lee Ann

Check out my blog today and enter my very first giveaway if you get a chance.

LisaShaw said...

I enjoyed this. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Love ya!r