Thursday, June 23, 2016

Is Jesus God?


Image courtesy of USAtoday.com "Son of God"

That is really the question that sparks all kinds of controversy in almost every single religion and even among Atheists, is the deity of Jesus Christ. Is Jesus God? He is no other than God in the flesh, but this very study will answer all those questions pertaining to the very essence and nature of just who Jesus is. You might want to print this to answer all those door knockers who come to your door with another gospel. This study will determine what the Bible has to say about whether Jesus is God.

One verse alone almost is guaranteed to upset most Muslims, Jews and other religious groups because their agenda is to dismiss or downgrade Jesus Christ. Some try to make Him a god among other gods; some try to make Him an angel among others, and some try to make Him an enlightened one among others. The issue has to do with Jesus Christ. 

Proverbs 30:4  ~ "Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know?"

Even Jew's can't answer this one. Most of them don't believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God. They are still waiting on the promised Messiah! Yet they can't argue this verse. They are stuck. This is the very same reason that the god of Islam is not the same God of the Bible. Islam refuses to acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God and goes so far as to proclaim it around the Dome of the Rock in Arabic..."There is no God but God. He is One. God has no son." The Muslims don't even know the name of God and that is why they call Him, Allah. It's just a title, but the Bible clearly gives the many names of God in it. It is a monotheistic belief, a belief in one God is about all we have in common with Islam. With God, there are no multiples, no Firsts and Lasts, plural.

Did you know that prior to 1954, our government allocated part of its operating budget dedicated to the printing of the Bible? The reason "In God We Trust" is printed on our currency is because the government feared that during our countries prosperity, we would forget about God. Did you know that?

God anticipated that Jesus Christ would be under attack, and that is why the Book of Revelation, the final book of the Bible is all about the revealing who Jesus Christ really is. Why?

Because if you remove Christ out of the message, if you take away His deity, mankind is lost, no matter how religious he may try to me. There is no hope of eternal life if Jesus didn't really rise from the dead. 

Jesus Christ is the Righteousness! The one thing to note is that not all Bible versions have verse 13 from Revelation 22 printed in them. The King James and New King James Versions and some New International Versions do, but most modern versions don't. It's omitted. Even modern day publishers are trying to remove the very deity of Jesus Christ and are stripping it out. Be careful of that.

Revelation 22:13 ~ "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

There are three distinctive names of God given here by Jesus.

1. The Alpha and the Omega
2. The Beginning and the End.
3. The First and the Last

How is Jesus Christ our righteousness? Jesus is God incarnate? A few of the scriptures that teach this truth...

Isaiah 48:12 ~ "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last."

Isaiah 44:6 ~ "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: I am the First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no God."

The Lord of the Hosts is a reference to the Lord of armies or the Lord of war.

Isaiah 41:4 ~ "Who has performed it and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD, am the first; and with the last I am He."

Isaiah 43:10 ~ "You are My witnesses," says the LORD, "and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me."

"I am He" is a reference to the eternal self existing one.

Revelation 1:8 ~ "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 21:6 ~ "And he said to me, "It is done!" I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts."

Revelation 4:8 ~ "The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Revelation 1:11 ~ "saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, and what you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches..."

Revelation 22:13 ~ "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

Revelation 1:17-18 ~ "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."

Just this one verse alone, verse 18, points specifically to Jesus Christ alone, which the door knockers have written in their version of the book but refuse to believe what it says. Highlight that one!

Revelation 2:8 ~ "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, "These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:"

1 John 5:20 ~ "And we know that the Son of God has come and have given us an understanding, that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

1 Timothy 3:16 ~ "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory."

Titus 2:13 ~ "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."

John 8:58 ~ "Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

John 8:24 ~ "Therefore I sad to you that you will die in your sins' for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

John 10:32 ~ " Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?"

Titus 2:10 ~ "not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things."

Jude 1:24-25 ~ "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever, Amen."

1 Timothy 4:10 ~ "For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe."

Isaiah 42:8 ~ "I am the LORD, that is My name; and my glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images."

Hosea 13:4 ~ "Yet I am the LORD your God ever since the land of Egypt, and you shall know no God but Me; for there is no savior besides Me."

Isaiah 45:21 ~ "Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the LORD? And there is other other God besides Me, a just God and a Savior; there is none besides Me."

Isaiah 43:11 ~ "I, even am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior."

Psalm 68:4 ~ "Sing to God, sing praises to His name; extol Him who rides on the clouds, by His name YAH, and rejoice before Him."

There is no "J" in the Hebrew language. God is called YAH-Weh or YHWH, meaning Yehovah! This would be the correct pronunciation of the word we see often times as Jehovah!

We will continue this tomorrow....

No comments: