Coming Global Commercial Influence of the Babylonian System
If the Bible says that something will happen, trust me, it will happen. As we spent quite a few studies going through Revelation 17 in detail, we learned that it spoke about an ancient religious system found in Babylonian roots. We see that those roots are still flourishing in some of the religions today, that have adapted some of those images, rituals and practices and made them a part of their worship system without questioning its origins.
Revelation 18 on the other hand is about the global commercial influence of the political and economic Babylonian system. It is interesting to note that Jesus spoke and said that you will either serve God or mammon. Mammon was the ancient god of commerce and wealth. We know that the antichrist will deceive the world with peace and prosperity and he will be absolutely convincing as these events are coming to a very near future.
There was a banner in Frankfurt, Germany with a picture of a tower of Babel, with the 12 stars at the top that today make up the national flag of the European Union. At the bottom of the banner were the words, "Never Again" and (building global communication - ATT). This actually makes sense if you remember our study of the Tower of Babel in Genesis 10 and 11, because before that time, there was only one language. God sent confusion upon the people because He knew what they were up to and if He didn't there would be no stopping them. By causing confusion and creating multiple languages. This all happened in a location known as the cradle of civilization. So if you think about the wording on this banner for communication to never pose an issue for civilization, the hidden message is quite clear.
The word "Babylon" appears or is alluded to in the Bible 290 times and is second only to Jerusalem. A key to understanding what Babylon is, we know from reading and studying of the Bible that "Babylon" in general represents the overall spirit of a satanically driven, worldwide system, focused on a life without God.
Satan's agenda from the very beginning has been to be worshiped. He wanted Jesus to bow down and worship him when tempted Jesus in the wilderness. He promised Jesus if he would only bow down and worship him, that Satan would give him all the kingdoms of the world. He will be hiding in the future inside the shell of a man known as the antichrist, peeking out the eyes as the world bows down and commits to their worship of him.
In the Tribulation Period, we know that people will have to make a choice. to serve the God of the Bible, or to not do so and by default worship the antichrist. When they do this, they will be required to receive the mark of the beast, which we know is 666.
As a Christian, we need to be discerning what we see and what we hear happening in the world in order to test where the origins come from.
1 John 4:1-3 ~ "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confessed that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."
The spirit of the antichrist and his agenda is already in the world and has been for quite some time. If you think about it, how long has this been at work? Since the creation of the world! We are now much closer than ever before to see this all unfold before our very eyes and the stage is being set.
The Babylonian system in Revelation 17 and 18 have several meanings. There is no doubt is is a historical system. Babylon is modern day Iraq today. It will have three main corporate offices in Rome, Jerusalem and New Babylon. We know that it was established in Rome from our previous studies in Revelation. This coming world leader will set up his religious throne by sitting in the newly built Temple in Jerusalem according to 2 Thessalonians, but we will learn more about that later.
New Babylon will be located in Iraq. There are three things we should be looking for as the stage is being set.
1. Looking for a global political system that will be based in Rome. The Babylonian political system will have its corporate headquarters in Rome, Italy. It is where this coming world leader will have his career begin. It is interesting that the European Union established its Constitution and where it was signed was in Rome, Italy.
2. Looking for a global religious system that will be based in Jerusalem. The Babylonian religious system will have its corporate world headquarters in Jerusalem, Israel. It is important to realize that when anything happens in Jerusalem, it impacts the peace in the world. All 3 major religions of the world claim to have their roots in Jerusalem, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It is also interesting to note that in all of Islam's writings, Jerusalem is never mentioned. Until 1948, then they began talking about Jerusalem. It is the focal point of the global religion and will be increasingly so under the influence of the antichrist.
3. Looking for a global commercial system that will be based in Babylon. The Babylonian Global Trade System will have its corporate headquarters in New Babylon, Iraq. If it is to be a global trading center, you would think in looking at the region that it is landlocked. But if you look at the small city of Kuwait, you have access through the Persian Gulf, which makes this very possible. The Bible doesn't say specifically how it will happen, just that it does. The prophets, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Zechariah, all specifically mention this that the city of Babylon will be rebuilt but only for a short time. It will be great in its wealth and power, but only for a short time.
The Bible says that all of a sudden in one day, it will be utterly destroyed and never to be inhabited by humans again. Some people claim that the Book of Revelation has already been fulfilled and all of these things have happened, but that is incorrect. We have people defending Iraq and thousands of people are becoming born again from Iraq and it is only increasing. It is currently inhabited today, but one day, the only inhabitants will be demons and foul spirits. No human life will live there. It will be devastated.
We need to ask ourselves three questions:
1. Is Rome important? Yes, politically according to our Bible Study through Revelation, it plays a huge part in the coming world's political issues.
2. Is Jerusalem important? I'll let you consider that question for yourself.
3. Is Babylon happening all over again? Could it be that France is upset with us, Germany is upset with us? We know that when the nation of Iraq was attacked, 22 nations made up the coalition that went to war against them. The media failed to mention this. That nations that were NOT part of that original coalition, were not allowed to be part of the rebuilding effort by President Bush. His concept was that the nations that were involved in the effort, should be the first to get the construction contracts. Australia, Poland and Spain got contracts, to name a few, but France and Germany weren't. Why? They didn't pull their weight in the effort against Iraq, now they are upset by this.
The global cry right now is to be allowed to help in the rebuilding efforts of Iraq, and that is what is going on in the global news today. Everyone suddenly wants to help. Makes you wonder why? The picture above shows the rebuilding efforts of the rebuilding effort of Babylon in modern day Iraq today.
Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.
I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!
This is my online ministry that God is using to bring about encouragement, hope and love to a hurting and dark world. I am hoping that all of you that find your way here will take something away that will add some meaning to your life! I personally feel it's a calling I have from God at this time in my life to reach out to people that are hurting and offer them hope in a dark world or at least give them a smile and laughter back! I am sold out, body, mind, spirit and soul to Jesus Christ! This blog is dedicated to God, The Great I AM, Alpha and Omega, Jesus Christ, my Savior!