Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Atheists Are Becoming Extinct!



Fear.

It's something we all have to face at some point in our lives.

When we were kids it might have been fear of the dark, fear of the monster that we truly believed lived in our closets or beneath our bed. It might have been from strangers or thunderstorms or even death.

Now that we are older, our fears have matured a bit. We know that monsters don't live under our beds or closets. We may still fear the dark, thunderstorms or other phobias. But now we fear things like will we get married, fear that we won't be able to protect our family and children, fear of death becomes more prevalent the older we get, especially when it begins to claim our friends and family unexpectedly one by one.

Death is perhaps the biggest fear and that is when in all likelihood that atheists will cry out to God or some other gods to save them. When the diagnosis from the doctor comes back with a death sentence that informs them they are living on their last days.

Just yesterday, my 21-year-old daughter entered her first day as an extern for cardio sonographer, meaning she takes ultra sound pictures of the heart. When she called on her way home, I asked how it went. She said she would talk to me about it when she got home.

When she walked in the door, sat down and explained how her day went, her first words were, "I watched someone die today."

Apparently this 18-year-old teen died when his heart became so enlarged that it was only providing his body with 10% of the blood it needed. The heart was the result of heroine use since he was 12. Both the mother and grandmother were there, when the cardiologist told the young man he was going to die and there wasn't anything he could do to help. Both the mother and grandmother were also heroine users and it was something they participated in together. They were confused that they were still alive but that their teen was going to die?

As they took more scans of his heart, his heart rate began to fail and within minutes, they all attempted to do what they could to bring him back, but in the end, he died.

A preventable death.

A life wasted because he made the wrong choices in his life. That is the tragic thing, because we don't know when our time is up. God does. But it's how we live through the dash in between our birth and death that matters.

Trust me, atheists are the first to argue against a belief in God. Why argue against anything if nothing exists. Isn't that point mute? Why do you care what others do, what they chose to believe in?

The funny thing I don't understand is how people can say Christians, are trying to force their beliefs on everyone?  Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Christians are only sharing what they believe, that the Bible is 100% God inspired, and that Jesus Christ is the only one who has managed to accurately predict his death and resurrection defined by the life of love he lived and the power to cure the sick, heal the blind, deaf and lame and cure the demon possessed men. Christians can't force you to accept Jesus. It has to be a personal choice.

No one is holding a gun to your head making you make that choice. It is a free will to accept or deny what we are sharing is truth.

When Christians share it, it is because it changes lives for the better. It gives hope to the hopeless, power to the weak, strength to the weary and eternal life at the end of this life.

How again are Christians forcing anyone to do anything?

When you find God, you find His blessings, because He blesses obedience, you will find peace, hope, joy and love. When faced with fear or worry, we make a conscience choice to focus on the world, or what is ailing us, or we can choose to focus on Jesus, and the promises He provides. We need to consider that the next time we are facing something that is causing us to worry or to fear? Where are we focused?

There comes a certain point in all of our lives, when we think about eternity. In disasters, terrorist attacks, or like this young man yesterday, who suddenly faced death. Wonder who he cried out to in his final moments. I hope it was God and that God answered his prayers to usher him into a eternity with Him. The only other option is an eternity without God and that is a choice when you are in your final moments of breathing your last breath, that you don't want to be without God.

What will your choice be? Either you choose God and eternal life, or reject Him and face a possible eternity in hell. Remember God doesn't choose for you, You Choose for Yourself.

Jesus reminds us in John 6:37-40 ~ "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (NIV).

John 6:47 ~ "I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life." (NIV).

John 3:36 ~ "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him." (NIV).

John 10:27-30 ~"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." (NIV).

John 11"25-26 ~ "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"(NIV).


John 14:6 ~ "Jesus answered, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father except through me." (NIV).

If you want to choose Jesus today, simply pray this prayer from your heart. You have to remember that in life there are no coincidences, only divine appointments. So if you found yourself here today, please consider the life with Jesus as Your Lord and Savior. I can promise you this, it will be life-changing.

Father, I come to You, confessing my sin and asking for Your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to turn from my sins and live in Your will. I ask that You give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live the right way.

I thank You that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept Him now as my Savior, my Lord, and my Friend. Thank You for giving me new life in Christ. I surrender myself to You; make me what You want me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen!


If you have prayed this prayer, you might not feel any different, but you will begin to see and feel a difference in how you live your life from this point on. I would encourage you to do 4 things.

1. Get a Bible and begin reading in the Book of John. From there continue to the end and then start at the beginning. 

2. Find a church that preaches the Word of God straight from the Bible. In these days there are unfortunately some churches that are more focused on gaining popularity and have compromised on what they teach. 

3. Tell others about your commitment. You will need the encouragement and support of other Christians to help you move forward in your new life. Be prepared however that those that aren't Christians will likely make fun of you and your new commitment. Welcome to the world of living for Jesus now and not the world. 

4. Pray. God loves nothing more than to hear from you about everything in your life. It is also the greatest weapon we possess as believers in Jesus. It causes definite things to happen in the spiritual world and you will now have God's protection over your life, and you will know with certainty that when this life is over, your new eternal life in heaven awaits! It's going to be great!

No comments: