Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wanted: Christmas Cards!


I remember before the days of email and eCards, there were these wonderful things called Christmas Cards. I'm also not referring to the Christmas Letters (brag letters) or the family Christmas card you purchased in bulk at Walgreens or through a photo service, but the old-fashioned Christmas cards that offered the recipient a hand-written greeting for the Christmas season.

Does anyone recall those anymore?

I heard that they are considering also in reducing the days in which we receive our mail, giving up Saturday delivery or even just a four day delivery because their isn't enough for mail carriers to do besides delivery junk mail and bills. That is unless you've already gone paperless in which case most days if you're like me to rush out to the mailbox and it's empty.

So like Clark Griswold would say, it's time for a fun, old-fashioned, family Christmas Card exchange if you're up to it. All cards would need to be mailed by December 15th to ensure we can fill our doors or card holders to overflowing with Christmas cards from all over. If you want to participate, simply email me with your mailing information and I'll email you back with mine. Hopefully we'll also do the postal service a huge favor and increase the number of Christmas stamps we have to purchase, along with Christmas cards and keep them super busy this year. I'll have this listed on my sidebar if your interested! If you send me your name, you're going to get one back from me! It's truly a win/win for everyone who wants to participate. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment. By the way, my email address is listed in my sidebar under contact me!

Would love to know you're thoughts on what you think of Christmas cards disappearing as well! So whose with me?

8 comments:

Denise said...

Great idea.

Denise said...

my address-Denise Oldham-510 Central Drive Apt. 1502 Chattanooga Tennessee 37421

Mari said...

I'm with you! I still send out the old fashioned kind, and I love to receive them too.

Wendi said...

I love Christmas cards! Sending and receiving them are one of my favorite things about the season. I would be so sad if they went away!

Beth Herring said...

i don't send out as many as I used to, but I still try to send them to people that i don't see much!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like fun but I have lots of cards to get out, I will always follow this tradition! Hope everyone has fun.

Anonymous said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...Loves soraya

Annesphamily said...

I want to participate. I need to e mail you